• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy from East Central Oklahoma!

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This should make for an interesting first post...

A little background... I've lurked here on and off for awhile but just recently registered. I live south of Tulsa. I grew up working on trucks, tractors, farm equipment, building and fixing stuff, so I'm pretty good with a wrench.
I'm on the local volunteer fire department and am usually the one that works on and modifies the trucks, which include an M715, M35A3, and M923.

Several years back I ran across an M37 and got a good deal on it. That led to a lot of research and looking for parts, which led to finding another M37 for parts, which led to finding another M37, which led to... Well y'all know how that goes. 8)

Now for the interesting part... I caught the Deuce Bug and have been looking for one. I came across BFR's/Papabear's/Patracy's Deuce in the classifieds, asked some questions about it, read all the build threads I could find on it, and decided to buy it! :-D So, now I have to get it back here to Oklahoma. I plan to drive it back, which will be quite the adventure!

I'm headed over to post in the Road Trip forum about it, and I hope y'all would be kind enough to add your thoughts and suggestions about this crazy adventure!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...abear-s-Patracy-s-Deuce&p=1752418#post1752418

Thank you!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from OKC.

With your background/experience you should do fine.

dmetalmiki

OK..Is it me or my computer? But I see no post (write up) only three replies..odd that...I would add a "welcome" etc but don't know who I am making welcome...

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed it. He added a link and the system flagged it for moderation. Happens with new users.

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Kansas City, MO. Be sure to look up the KAMO Rally thread. Held in October at the D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, OK. It's a bunch of fun.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome for the panhandle, even though most of OK dont believe we actually do exist. hahaha

Nate1005

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Good luck with your road trip... that will be a great way to get comfortable with your new truck.

-Nate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks