• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

howdy from spanaway, wa

Dieseljeeper

New guy here, thanks for having me. I've been lurking in the shadows reading threads and found that there are a lot of potential mentors on here, thanks again for having me. A little about my current project. I bought a 1953 m38a1 from a friend who restores mvs. It was determined that it was too hacked up to restore so I bought the body & frame as a new home for the drive train from my badly rusted out 1962 cj5, consisting of a turbocharged v2203di Kubota, a sm465 trans, model 18 transfer case, Tom Woods drivelines, d27 front with power lock and disc brakes, a d44 rear also with power lock and disc brakes, Warn overdrive, black diamond suspension, Koenig pto winch, and a frame mounted roll cage. My plan is to restore the body as close to original and as correct as possible. I want it as if Willys had originally built a diesel m38a1. The roll cage is attached to the frame via fabricated links, not directly through the floor. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will start a build thread detailing repairing all the Bubba mods and implementing my own.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. I love your area of the country, was stationed at McChord for 8 years. Sure do miss seeing the mountain every (most) days ! Good luck on your project, sounds like a good one.

715m29

A turbocharged Kubota, power plant sounds interesting I'll want to check out your project page for sure.
Hello from eastern Oregon.