• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy Yall from the other side of the world...

Yeah, I think its a tad pricey. Is it insanely pricey though? From what he tells me, it is perfect as far as mechanics goes... aesthetically, it's pretty ugly. Sheet metal looks clean with some surface rust but needs paint. Would it be insane to offer him $4500? $5000?

There is another m109 in Houston that had "drive shaft failure" between the tranny and T-case that "damaged some things, but can be easily repaired in an afternoon" for $3500. He hasn't responded to any emails.

I would say $6000 would be fine if it has no rust and has a working winch.
It looks to have some rust here and there, looks all to be surface rust. I will ask him to get closer pictures of the rust and ask for details.
wo/w means without winch, right? (I'm not trying to be a jerk, just making sure I got my terminology right...) If I got it wrong, it does not have a winch.

Jeepsinker

You got it right. I would go for the $3500 one if It was me, unless the other guy will come down like you suggested. $6000 is not insanely priced, but cheaper is always better if you don't mind doing a little work and getting your hands dirty.

Jeepsinker

Bear in mind though that if the driveshaft slung itself out, then there is a good chance that many other maintenance regimens on that truck have been neglected. So cost of purchase, time spent wrenching, and parts purchased to get it up to snuff may make up the rest of the price to equal that of the other truck. It may not either. It's all subjective and you won't know until you purchase one truck or the other and get it on the road.

Bear in mind though that if the drive shaft slung itself out, then there is a good chance that many other maintenance regimens on that truck have been neglected. So cost of purchase, time spent wrenching, and parts purchased to get it up to snuff may make up the rest of the price to equal that of the other truck. It may not either. It's all subjective and you won't know until you purchase one truck or the other and get it on the road.
Right, thats why I am leaning towards the other truck. My brother had major drive shaft failure on his samurai between the tranny and t-case. almost cut his leg off and the t-case front end exploded. It happened at 65 mph. I wonder when this one happened and what all the damage is. any brake lines or anything in that area that could have been affected? Any chance of the failure putting some fractures in the tranny or t-case housings?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks