• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HT Dual .50 mount?

Baron3-6

Hi All,

Ran across this picture of half track at a Canadian military museum. I've never seen this type of gun mount on a track before:

Halftrack | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The mount looks like a shipboard mount...they had one years ago at the Kentucky State Military Museum in Frankfort, Ky, except this one mounted water cooled AA .50's.

So is this a Canadian modification? Or a field mod someone did years later?

B3.3T

As far as i know, the Canadian Military had only IH halftracks designated M9. That has the wrong fenders for M9. I think that is the halftrack from Base Borden in Ontario Canada
States in the photo it is indeed Base Borden

captain-crank

Never seen one either, I'd say its a Canadian mod. but that's just a guess. It sure is ugly.
Most M-3's were......:mrgreen:

As far as i know, the Canadian Military had only IH halftracks designated M9. That has the wrong fenders for M9. I think that is the halftrack from Base Borden in Ontario Canada
To clarify and be "that guy" no M9's were put into service, all were A1 models.

The M5A1 was also produced as an M5, without a pulpit.:beer:

Baron3-6

Maybe I'm thinking it was a ship mount because the one I saw years ago was painted battleship gray.....still curious.....

This pic's file name is M47 / M65 twin 50.....possibly the model number?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks