• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hub flip

Amer-team

Are you doing this on a Deuce or a 5 ton?

I was just looking at new bearings I bought for the 5 ton rear and they have the same outer races. The 596 bearing is the larger diameter, so is the inner and the 593 then would be the outer. Both use the 592a race. That's when I realized flipping was even possible since the race is the same.

So now I'm buying a deuce A3 (with a tranny problem). I'll have a truck pick it up next week.

I want to change to dual 11.00 on the rears from my singles.

I read that the CTIS on 5 tons is the problem if the hubs are flipped. Since my A3 has CTIS, can I flip the hubs to accommodate the duals and still retain my CTIS?
Thank you for the tip on the inner bearing number. could not find it in other threads and not in the parts list sticky. I have the front end apart on the M923. Had inner bearing failure. Looks like spindle is okay with some polishing. This job is exceeding both my skill and abilities, but it is coming along. am still trying to figure out replacement of inner axel seal since it is down this far. Boot is bad but that is easy to do. Did they use white lithium grease in the axel knuckle? Can't decide if it is that or water got in there. It doesn't look bad but definitely whitish in color.