• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hubs are still hot

pinbill

Just got done cleaning the calipers and hoses there was a bunch of dot 3 still in the calipers. The seals look good, the fluids were only mixed for one day. The master cyclinder is new and was bench bled with new dot 5 last night so I think I should be OK, am going to bleed the cleaned system when I can get someone over to help and I will let you know.

pinbill

After bleeding and %100 sure there is no dot 3 left anywhere in the system, the fronts are still sticking. I did the test where you push on the petal with the MC cover off, I got a spurt on the way down but no spurt on the way back. So there is still resistance somewhere in the system. Maybe there is a problem with the metal lines, do the metal lines get clogged? is that possible?

littlebob

Also, if there was a recent M/C or booster change, the pushrod between them may have not been adjusted correctly. The TM should you how to check/adjust.

pinbill

Not sure that would effect my case, I tested the hydrobooster by disconnecting the master cylinder when the brakes were dragging and it made no difference.

pinbill

Hello-

I ended up changing most of the brake parts and repacking the bearings. It was still the same the hubs still get pretty hot th the touch. I took it to a brakes plus to have them look at it and the manager said there was no discoloration that would occur if the brakes were getting too hot. He said to run it and enjoy. Hope that helps,

Bill

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just make sure they don't get 2 hot you can lose a hub like that

i lost a 30,000 pound trailer axle because the shop i had work done on em tightend the bearings to tight so one side of the axle fell off the axle with the hub, both duel tires, and the break drum stell attached