• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huey flight time

GoHot229

To this day I feel guilty about that, it should have been me instead of the 19 year old that took my place. Looking back, I realize that it was part of Gods plan for me to transfer out. There has been many times that I should not have survived, or lived through different circumstances but God has been with me through each one
***********************************************************************************************************

Bro, there is no guilt, Our days are all numbered, but yours and mine have not yet come, Their's a song by Grand Funk.... 'I can feel him' .....I believe that is OUR song. Till we meet buddy, at Jesus feet.......

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
To this day I feel guilty about that, it should have been me instead of the 19 year old that took my place. Looking back, I realize that it was part of Gods plan for me to transfer out. There has been many times that I should not have survived, or lived through different circumstances but God has been with me through each one
***********************************************************************************************************

Bro, there is no guilt, Our days are all numbered, but yours and mine have not yet come, Their's a song by Grand Funk.... 'I can feel him' .....I believe that is OUR song. Till we meet buddy, at Jesus feet.......

I had a hard time with this for a long while, that I had not lived up to the gift, till I realized with help that the reason may have not been shown to me yet.

hurst01

I often wonder why at the spur of the moment, it seems, that I got transferred out. Strange though, the guy that they transferred to my unit was scheduled to to PCS about the same time that I was. It was all to make sure that everyone did not rotate out at the same time, but didn't make sense that both of us would have left the same time anyway.
Looking back, I think that God had a plan for me to stick around for awhile, but not in that unit. I am glad that he makes the decisions instead of me.
You know, there is a great bunch of guys on this forum. God bless you all.

GoHot229

Yeh there is no other ride like the Huey. The sound to a combat veteran of Vietnam can be heard for miles, while others have no clue it is coming. I noticed the pics from Pawnshop show the 101 Cav. insignia. We flew most of our missions with the Hornets. Huey 369 was a medivac and had a short lived tour as with most medivac. (6 months was the norm). The newest bird 803 lasted 2 1/2 years. 803 went into a hot LV and had to land hard, breaking the skids on impact. The started to scuttle the ship when a Col. came in and asked if it still ran. The answer was yes and he told them to fly it out. The returned to base, landing on a quickly made pad of sand bags. You can see and hear more about both ships at www.americanheuy369.com. Thanks for the input guys....
"Yeh there is no other ride like the Huey. The sound to a combat veteran of Vietnam can be heard for miles, while others have no clue it is coming"

The sound can be heard for miles....... Never, ever, do I not recognize the distant faint wop, wop, wop of a Huey..... and never does it not take me to a place... A different place in time. It stills me, as my eyes stare into the past, the world around me stops for a moment.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks