• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

huge grayling deuce auction

miltruckman

Just bought s s s ss s seventeen trucks at Grayling!!

I hadn't really planned to buy that many, but who can help themselves when there are that many good running trucks for sale at once!!

Bill
Michigan

P.S.

Anyone want to drive a deuce from Grayling, MI to Montrose, MI ?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill Bill Bill

What the heck are we going to do with you.................

;-)

steve

grounded

Banned
How cheap did they go? I was considering it, but the drive would have been a long ways from Ohio..
Ive drove farther. rofl. I got some of the michigan boys stuff down here we could of had them bring some.

Im curious to see what came outta the auction today also. I cant buy nothing as my money is tied up in other GL bids right now. To many trucks, no money ;)

BugEyeBear

Just bought s s s ss s seventeen trucks at Grayling!!

I hadn't really planned to buy that many, but who can help themselves when there are that many good running trucks for sale at once!!

Bill
Michigan

P.S.

Anyone want to drive a deuce from Grayling, MI to Montrose, MI ?
So... You selling any?? (or are you just stockpiling for your future plans to start your own army?)
I've been lookin' for a good running, clean, complete, low rust Deuce at a fairly reasonable price.
(Keep in mind that I'd need to drive or haul it ALL THE WAY to GA!!)
-Bear-

Last edited:

miltruckman

The trucks I bid on went for between $600 and $2500 I drove up at the inspection and jumped every truck that would not crank. Then I bid on the ones that ran and had brakes. I jumped over 100 trucks that day.

Anyone know someone near Grayling that could store the trucks for a very short period of time? maybe a farmer or business owner? I'll need to shuffel them all off the base on a weekday, and I will have trouble getting drivers on a weekday. Then we will drive them all back home here on a weekend when I can get plenty of drivers.

This is going to be pretty crazy. Luckily I have a friend that will let me store them close to home when they get here.

Bill

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seventeen..... NICE!!! It was killing me not to bid, I was afraid I'd end up with more than one.... go figure, and yes, some went real cheap!!:evil: Anyway, depending on the date, I'd be up for the recovery, ouch! I'll send a PM

BugEyeBear

Yes they will be for sale at a very reasonable price.
Bill
Cool!
Please PM or Email me when you figure out prices & such.
There's a chance I might be up in the Detroit area in the coming month or 2 (for work). IF this coincides with your DEUCE CONVOY I'd be happy to help!
-Bear-

PS: You'll just HAVE TO get a picture of them all lined up on the road together!

citizensoldier

After fooling murpy on a 7 truck recovery from Indiana I dont know if I would push the luck with 17 and odd ball drivers.. You could be setting yourself up for some law issues if one looses brakes or a tire falls off or whatever.. Your odds of issues have just tripled.. Not trying to be a downer its just your bound to have one problem truck in the bunch... Good luck..

BugEyeBear

...Your odds of issues have just tripled....
Not to nit-pick, but haven't the odds of issues just increased 17X?? :grin:

ONE GOOD THING is that you'd have PLENTY of spare parts close at hand to choose from!! (Just bring along tools and a tow-bar for the one truck that becomes the parts donor!!)

Maybe I'm crazy, but it sounds like a really good time to me!! [thumbzup]

-Bear-

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trucks I bid on went for between $600 and $2500 I drove up at the inspection and jumped every truck that would not crank. Then I bid on the ones that ran and had brakes. I jumped over 100 trucks that day.

Anyone know someone near Grayling that could store the trucks for a very short period of time? maybe a farmer or business owner? I'll need to shuffel them all off the base on a weekday, and I will have trouble getting drivers on a weekday. Then we will drive them all back home here on a weekend when I can get plenty of drivers.

This is going to be pretty crazy. Luckily I have a friend that will let me store them close to home when they get here.

Bill

Hmmm, need drivers? I think we have heard that one before.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Not to nit-pick, but haven't the odds of issues just increased 17X?? :grin:

ONE GOOD THING is that you'd have PLENTY of spare parts close at hand to choose from!! (Just bring along tools and a tow-bar for the one truck that becomes the parts donor!!)

Maybe I'm crazy, but it sounds like a really good time to me!! [thumbzup]

-Bear-
I was referring to his first retrieval from IN.. I am not going to say anything more after this. I just worry about something like this if gone bad can hurt the hobby and innocent people that's all. They are looking for any reason they can find to outlaw our trucks and it seems risky especially trucks that have sat as long as most of these. They did not just return from Iraq like past big lots we have seen so who knows what issues they have..
I think it would be great just risky especially if someone is at the wheel that has not put some time in on a deuce.

jpcj-7

Bill

I'm hoping that the ones I got have brakes and run! Although we are planning on trailering them home.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks