• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huge road trip, space available...

Bighurt

I'm finalizing plans for my recovery.

US-52 E to 4th St SW - Google Maps

The above is my current anticipated route.

I am considering getting some loads on uShip. However I figured I'd offer services on SS first. Help a member out, so to say.

I do ask for minimal compensation and no huge detours. From Dayton to Cullman is getting kind full so there are limitations on that route.

Let me know what you have and need moved and I'll let you know if it's possible.

I do have a return run, however because I don't know if an EUC will close or not before the trip I'm not sure what it maybe.

I'll post more as it draws closer to departure.

Current nightly rests are Sioux Falls and Dayton.

Bighurt

I'm in Cincinnati, not Dayton, but could meet you up there if I have advanced notice.
Ahhh

That is ok...

Probably pick-up on a Monday morning on the way south if possible.

I get cheap lodging in Dayton and in Omaha, Air Force Inns...:D

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, I couldn't unload 13 rims on one pallet. I'm strong but not THAT strong. The pallets were crappy anyway. Gimme a ring when you get a chance and we can talk about what I can do to help. If your rig you are driving isn't too long, I can offer a warm bed to stay at for a night and a warm shower.

Bighurt

Ok, here is the potential return trip;

2nd Ave NW to 2nd St SW/S Broadway St - Google Maps

Right now the whole plan is in jeopardy, do to an indecisive wife. Also EUC in OKC may effect the dates. This trip could be pushed from the Feb 19 - Mar 4 a few weeks later.

I have a line on a 36' GN, for the trip. Tentative right now it's pretty full from Kentucky to Oklahoma. I maybe able to haul a trailer out of AL into OKC. And there is potential for a full flat bed and a little GN room from OKC to Minot. As well as an MT GN all the way into Kentucky.

Just figured I put out an update. Timing is everything on these things you know...

Cheers

KSMTRUCK

If something falls thru on your return............I have a M35A3 in Pineville, LA that needs a ride to KS. Currently I'm still waiting on EUC to clear???

Jeff 620 212-4670

Bighurt

If something falls thru on your return............I have a M35A3 in Pineville, LA that needs a ride to KS. Currently I'm still waiting on EUC to clear???

Jeff 620 212-4670
Only way I can manage that is if I do in fact lock in the goosneck going south. Otherwise the only way I could help your recovery would be to flat tow the M35 behind the M915 and only as far as OKC, as I have to pick up my trailer at Ft Sill or wherever the GL lot is...

Even then there are issues, I don't own a tow-bar yet, and your vehicle may need service to flat tow, beyond what I have time for.

Of course it would need to run to get on the GN as well.

Bighurt

Alright huge change in plans. Similar route at this time. However the big change is times.

This trip is being pushed back till Mar 26th - Apr 1st (no joke).

Nearly everything else is identical. This may help some with EUC's awaiting clearance and may not.

Let's hope diesel prices don't sky rocket!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw the map down and was getting excited. Then I saw the return trip. If you were going from Cullen AL back to Minot I could fill you up with a dropside to just north of La Crosse WI. Oh well i'll keep looking.[thumbzup]

Bighurt

Dates are locked in loads still in limbo;

2nd St SW/S Broadway St to US-2 W/US-52 W - Google Maps
Here is the entirety of the route. I think I mentioned it before that I was dragging my wife and three kids. Kids are no longer part of the recovery so things will hopefully go smoother.

Currently nightly rests are Madison Wisconsin, Dayton Ohio, Sand Rock Alabama, Hooks TX (potential), Fort Smith Arkansas (potential), McLeah Texas, Chama New Mexico, North Platte Nebraska and Aberdeen South Dakota.

I'll have room from Minot - Dayton and Chama - Minot send me a pm if your interested.

I'm also seeking emergency numbers should something breakdown, and I need some SS assistance.

Thanks

Sirblissfull

Well I wont be much help until your near Chama anyway.

You might want to confirm dates with Soni I think hes out of town until the 3rd or 4th of April.

Bighurt

Yeah I'm not leaving Minot till the 3rd... I already talked to him. There is a load destined for his place in the works...

WW2Chevy

Any space from Denver through Hiway 81 in Nebraska for a truck bed?? a buddy has a truck bed in Colorado Springs?? <I think> ... He's actually in Omaha NE if you didn't mind taking I-29 north on your return trip to ND.

Bighurt

Well things are changing yet again. The load from Hooks to OKC was a favor to M1075, however it may not work out that the timing is good for the recovery. If it is I could tie them down to the top trailer of his 2 stack I'm anticipating to move. How many and what size? Could be a 8!7(# getting them up there...

Send me the info in PM and I'll see if I can make it work.

As for the pick-up box, if I don't pick-up in Hooks for M1075 and pick the other load. I will be running out to Chama and bob tail back to OKC. Meaning I won't be running through Denver at all.

I realize I'm 2 weeks out from departure but none of these loads are on the books so I'm trying to be flexible...

I'm giving myself until this weekend to know for sure, I'll post back with official yes or no.

In the mean time send me the info on the pick-up box (make/model) and I'll give you a quote. Also keep in mind you will be responsible for getting the load on my rig and off. Whatever arrangements need to be made is on your end.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bighurt

I should edit that...

I was going to Charleston to pick up something for Soni, however he changed his mind (long story).

So I'm no longer going to WV...unless the trip is made worth the additionl Diesel expense...LOL