• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummer H1 TCM and Military TCM

erasedhammer

I was wondering what the difference was, electrical-wise, between the two. I've seen the two on epay and they appear to be mounted in a similar case, but I would like to know if the computers inside are identical.

I am using the hummer h1 oil pump drive rpm sensor to feed my 4l80 with the engine speed. As far as I can tell it came right off a 93 hummer and it was hooked up to the tcm in that H1. So it obviously feeds the hummer's tcm the correct rpm and signal, wondering if it will be correct for the military tcm.

dilvoy

1993 Hummers did not use the 4L80E Transmission. Did you get it from a 1994 Hummer that may have been built in 1993 or is that just a sensor to give rpm pulses to the tachometer from the 6.2 engine.

erasedhammer

1993 Hummers did not use the 4L80E Transmission. Did you get it from a 1994 Hummer that may have been built in 1993 or is that just a sensor to give rpm pulses to the tachometer from the 6.2 engine.
The guy said it was used to feed the rpm to a transmission. The posting for the item said 92-93, but he couldn't confirm that. As far as I can tell at the moment the output signal is a/c, but what kind of wave I don't know yet.