• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hummer tires cucv rims

bkwudzhom

I bought my M1008 last year. It came with 10 inch wide aluminum wheels with 33's mounted on them. I like the tire size but the rims just dont fit the military look. I was able to secure the origional rims in the deal but the stock tires were completely dry rotted.
I have found a set of hummer tires at a good price. Will they fit on the stock M1008 rims with out a problem? The fenders have already been trimmed so that is not an issue. If I need to trim them more I really dont care.
Thanks,
BK

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bkwudzhom;675373..................................I have found a set of hummer tires at a good price. Will they fit on the stock M1008 rims with out a problem? The fenders have already been trimmed so that is not an issue. If I need to trim them more I really dont care. Thanks said:
If no one answered this one, it must be for a reason....:???:
HMMWV tires go on 16.5"rims.....; stock M1008 rims are 16" size, so........?

You probably already know that 16.5" tires are NOT - I mean NEVER /NIEMALS/ NUNCA/ JAMAIS - to be mounted on 16" rims...!

Sorry but such Qs make me nervous, at least!

G.

steved454

:funny:
Yeh well to make you feel better my first post ever here was about the worst question you could ask.

Just changed the oil and I put 1 gallon of oil in it and nothing is showing on the dipstick????? do I need to crank it to get it to show on the stick?

key word I put 1 gallon in ! not 2.

I just got the military 37 inch tires and looking for 16.5 inch rims myself. I have given many away through the years thinking I would never need them again!!

steved454

74 up to 87 for sure. any straight axle 3/4 or 1 ton. Also dodge and ford 8 lug wheels fit up to a certain year, then they changed for some reason. Right now I am thinking about buying a set of black steel wheels in 16.5 x 8. I just hate having to buy a set when I have had plenty in the past.