• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummvee Seat in a 5 ton- Is it worth the effort to gain room for King size drivers?

61sleepercab

I have a M925 "Sandy" with regular spring seat and being big boned and king sized the distance from the steering wheel to the seat back is less than from my front to back.

Question: Does the Hummvee high back seat give you more room behind the steering wheel ?

How hard is it to mount the seat on the springer base and does this set up work ok?

What do you think from your seat conversion???

Please do not flame me because I have limited search abilities due to piss poor computer connection and the search page will not load.

Thanks for your imput. Mark

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have an air ride seat installed in both of the 5tons that I drive. I am tall so I think it definetly gives more room and more adjustability. The easiest way to install one is unbolt the old seat. Cut the bottom plate off the old seat, bolt the plate back in the truck and put the new seat in on top of the plate. Figure out where you want the seat to be and mark it. Take it all out and have the new seat welded to the old plate then bolt it back in.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have a M925 "Sandy" with regular spring seat and being big boned and king sized the distance from the steering wheel to the seat back is less than from my front to back.

Question: Does the Hummvee high back seat give you more room behind the steering wheel ?

How hard is it to mount the seat on the springer base and does this set up work ok?

What do you think from your seat conversion???

Please do not flame me because I have limited search abilities due to piss poor computer connection and the search page will not load.

Thanks for your imput. Mark
No more room, I installed one in Swiss's m62, had to mod it so it would go back far enough for my long legs and comfort.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The air ride seat will give you more adjustability and much better adjustment for weight if you are heavier. I know a big guy with the spring seat bottoms out every time he hits a bump he has to put tire pieces under it for cushion.

IMG_2743.jpgIMG_2745.jpg

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air ride seat I use is a Bostrum, and it gives another three inches between the seat and the steering wheel. You can get them at any truck wrecker for a couple hundred bucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks