• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee 6.5L engine block coolant plug

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you have any pictures that you could post to show some of what you're referring to? I have a drip that I thought was antifreeze but looks like may fuel also. I can't smell and tell for certain but makes me wonder if this could be my issue. I have a '08 6'5l turbo and has a tag of a rebuild on the rocker arm cover.
That was referring to the drain from the lifter valley, If you engine had that plugged and you had a leak near the injection pump that valley would be full of diesel. It would not "cause" a leak unless your truck sat for a long time with the lifter valley full of water.

Where is your drip?
Edit, if it is on the sides of the engine a bad return line would be the most likely cause, you do need to figure out if it is coolant or diesel.