• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee audio systems: What have you added / done to your rig ?

McSpeed

I went with a simple 8" bluetooth speaker system - ended up taking the speakers and electronics/amp out of the original tube and built a box on the ceiling. I have a magnet mount to my phone on the dash and just play all my music straight from my phone - easy peasy...no extra stuff.

Daves86

Tried a Bluetooth setup and was disappointed with the results. Liked the idea but found the speaker I chose to have insufficient volume to overcome interior noise levels,
Bose 1.JPG
Allowed the iphone to be my jukebox, could only hear it at a stoplight. But I would shy away from this setup because I feel it was unsuccessful.
Not a total loss though, it works for noise in the garage and I used airline miles so it didn't cost real $$$

cg25713

I recently installed this and it sounds excellent. Bluetooth, 6 speakers, 500 watts with remote. It's from Ecogear. Acoustics a are large issue in HMMWV and thats why I built the carpeted tunnel cover you see below. The tube can be moved forward on the base.
IMG_0297.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0239.jpg

Last edited:

McSpeed

Here is what I did in more detail - and you'll see it is on the CHEAP - but amazing sound. I bought this 8" bluetooth first:
Amazon.com: Sound Storm Laboratories BTB8 ATV UTV Weatherproof Sound System - 8 Inch Speakers, 1 Inch Tweeters, Amplified, Bluetooth, Aux-In, Easy Installation for 12 Volt Vehicles: Car Electronics

That was about $120. I had it strapped between the front seats for the longest time - more than enough sound even with the doors and back curtain off. It has a wired and wireless options. I have a 12 volt relay set up for ignition on - AND I did a by pass for if I want to listen with key off. That was another $10 in stuff.

This worked well for a long time - but frankly was in my way making it hard for the dog to sit in the cab area. If I was a full man roof - I would have just put in the rear between the back seats. Probably would have been better with a 6" version that just mounted to the ceiling...but the 8" is too thick and bulky for that. Oh...they are water proof too - but I never got them wet.

I then decided to put a piece of plywood on the roof to stop the water puddle - and that gave me an idea of making a box and transfering the guts from the 8" tube to the box - It worked PERFECT. Total invest under $200 - TONS of sound and easy to control with my phone.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks