• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee audio systems: What have you added / done to your rig ?

McSpeed

I went with a simple 8" bluetooth speaker system - ended up taking the speakers and electronics/amp out of the original tube and built a box on the ceiling. I have a magnet mount to my phone on the dash and just play all my music straight from my phone - easy peasy...no extra stuff.

Daves86

Tried a Bluetooth setup and was disappointed with the results. Liked the idea but found the speaker I chose to have insufficient volume to overcome interior noise levels,
Bose 1.JPG
Allowed the iphone to be my jukebox, could only hear it at a stoplight. But I would shy away from this setup because I feel it was unsuccessful.
Not a total loss though, it works for noise in the garage and I used airline miles so it didn't cost real $$$

cg25713

I recently installed this and it sounds excellent. Bluetooth, 6 speakers, 500 watts with remote. It's from Ecogear. Acoustics a are large issue in HMMWV and thats why I built the carpeted tunnel cover you see below. The tube can be moved forward on the base.
IMG_0297.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0239.jpg

Last edited:

McSpeed

Here is what I did in more detail - and you'll see it is on the CHEAP - but amazing sound. I bought this 8" bluetooth first:
Amazon.com: Sound Storm Laboratories BTB8 ATV UTV Weatherproof Sound System - 8 Inch Speakers, 1 Inch Tweeters, Amplified, Bluetooth, Aux-In, Easy Installation for 12 Volt Vehicles: Car Electronics

That was about $120. I had it strapped between the front seats for the longest time - more than enough sound even with the doors and back curtain off. It has a wired and wireless options. I have a 12 volt relay set up for ignition on - AND I did a by pass for if I want to listen with key off. That was another $10 in stuff.

This worked well for a long time - but frankly was in my way making it hard for the dog to sit in the cab area. If I was a full man roof - I would have just put in the rear between the back seats. Probably would have been better with a 6" version that just mounted to the ceiling...but the 8" is too thick and bulky for that. Oh...they are water proof too - but I never got them wet.

I then decided to put a piece of plywood on the roof to stop the water puddle - and that gave me an idea of making a box and transfering the guts from the 8" tube to the box - It worked PERFECT. Total invest under $200 - TONS of sound and easy to control with my phone.

Attachments