• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee floor holes

GMVguy

Went muddin the other day and noticed a lot came up through the floorboards. Not a big deal, but I'd like to at least protect the battery compartment (see pic). Anyone seen a solution for this?
image.jpg

hummer4x4guy

You're sorta better off having the drain holes. You could try and find some rubber type expanding plugs that you could remove after mudding to wash down the mud that does enter.

TedG

You can plug the tunnel tub side holes but leave the floor ones open. many have extra 45cal and pick axe holes in them to drain faster!

gunboy1656

You can plug the tunnel tub side holes but leave the floor ones open. many have extra 45cal and pick axe holes in them to drain faster!
I have punched quite a few holes in floors while doing wash rack coming home from overseas. The regular drains were not fast enough and I wanted sleep. And still had a long line of trucks to wash

KansasBobcat

I have seen drain hole repair kits advertised that you could add providing a neat looking installation. As TedG said many of the early HMMWV have very crudely done drain holes added as a "field expedient" I assume the repair kits are to fix these.

jasonjc

They weren't put there to drain the water as much as to let it flow in, so it will sink faster. So I read some where.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks