• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Fuel Pump

cedargrove

Picked up a 6.5 through GL the other day to go in a civi truck that I have. The Humvee fuel pump has me scratchin my head. There is an in and an out at the bottom of the pump (I'm cool with that) but what's the smaller connector on the top half of the pump connected to on the Humvee? Been thinking and researching for days now and I got nothin.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its part of the fording system vent....a rubber hose / tube connects to it.

Stonepicker1

Just for knowledge, if the diaphragm ever leaks in the fuel pump, it will push fuel into the vent system and will fill your hubs, transfer case.ect....had it happen a few times in Iraq.

cedargrove

Thanks guys. I have since found the tech manual. Looks like the tube routes up to the air cleaner. If the engine is any good I'm just going to cram it into my old C10 beater. I'll run the vent hose up top somewhere.

I should have some N/A Humvee type engine parts left over like exhaust manifolds, hydraulic fan clutch, and 24 v glows if anyone needs anything like that.

My plan is to ground hop the engine in the crate this weekend and try to figure out what I have.

Thanks,

Lewis