• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

humvee guru needed central florida

Lindsaym151

Hey every one!
I'm at my wits end, here .
Need some one to get my gauges working .
I've read every TM, Every post , tried every thing that has been suggested.
Please pm me or contact me thru this thread.
Best regards
Lindsay Orr
VP FFC MVPA
Rally coordinator
Florida Winter Rally

suzukovich

Lindsey can't even believe you didn't even call me Western Region Coordinator for the First Florida Chapter of the MVPA. I am the Humvee guru for the chapter. Call me

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Lindsaym151

IMG_1141.jpgIMG_1142.jpgIMG_1143.jpgIMG_1146.jpgIMG_1144.jpgIMG_1147.jpgHey ,Doc, I started a thread about 2-3 wks ago on this .
I think its under Dash gauges not working That will cover all info and process that I have tried to no avail!
Thanks!
Ps some pics of the restoration to date!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Tried everything... then they should be working???

Does truck start and run? YES, see below. NO, Bigger problem, but easy.

The easiest one to get working is the voltmeter (if it's good). Truck in run position, external multi-meter to test and check for system positive battery voltage (22 -26 Vdc) on lead 567A, Negative lead on 58F. These are the two leads to the volt meter.

If not, look to see if 567A positive and go directly to battery negative. Reads voltage?

If yes... and here we GO... GROUND issues. See all other SS threads.

If no... does heater fan or lights work? Still NO, check breaker #2

Check any 58x lead in gauge panel for continuity to a known frame ground, engine block, or battery ground. Must be .2 ohms or less.

If that doesn't point to a problem then is a free for all and let the bandwidth challenge begin.

Or call 661-212-0077 Rates apply. $5.00 per minute. Paypal excepted. Have multi-meter at the ready.

Good luck.

CAM

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

Have you confirmed a good ground and or installed a supplemental harness? If hey are all acting up all of a sudden it’s probably a grounding issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzukovich

Tried everything... then they should be working???

Does truck start and run? YES, see below. NO, Bigger problem, but easy.

The easiest one to get working is the voltmeter (if it's good). Truck in run position, external multi-meter to test and check for system positive battery voltage (22 -26 Vdc) on lead 567A, Negative lead on 58F.

If not, look to see if 567A to directly to battery negative. Reads voltage?

If yes... and here we GO... GROUND issues. see all other threads.

If no... does heater fan or lights work? Still NO, check breaker #2

Check any 58x lead in gauge panel for continuity to a known frame ground, engine block, or battery ground. Must be .2 ohms or less.

If that doesn't point to a problem then is a free for all and let the bandwidth challenge begin.

Or call 661-212-0077 Rates apply. $5.00 per minute. Paypal excepted. Have multi-meter at the ready.

Good luck.

CAM
I just talked to him the gauge lights work. Thinking might be gauges. Also thinking same thing about breaker #2. He also said he replaced some gauges but instead of using the plastic mounting brackets, he reused the metal ones. I know the gauges can be finicky. Was thinking may have shorted out.

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
The metal mount brackets should not be a problem as the studs of the gauges should be ground. One of the four # 58 ground leads MUST connect to each gauge. Verify that each #58 gauge lead has continuity to the engine block left rear head connection. Still need to know if voltage is present on the #567A lead in the RUN position.

If we can get the volt meter working (easy one) the others should, could, maybe, hope so, follow along. Trying to do this "remote repair" is to much of a crap shoot, but hey... it keeps us in the game.

Operators standing-by.

Batter UP ?

CAM

suzukovich

He said issue started after he reinstall gauge cluster after painting. I had similar issue with two gauges. Finally just replace gauges and problem went away. Still need to replace fuel gauge and install the improve grounding harness. The 60 amp alternator dosnt help either.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
There you go. Always a back story. By a Hmmwv and add $175 buck for the TM's. There lies the answers.

And don't forget to ground the speedo cable. I'am out of here.

CAM

SGT LongT

No range control vehicle ever looked that good. Everyone is beat to an inch of it's life and then launched general Lee style over the edge into DRMO.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

SGT LongT

Afraid not. I'm currently looking for a new engine for my M1009. Thinking I'll go with a 6.5 turbo.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks