• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee has its trailer finally.

hummer4x4guy

I got back from Georgia EARLY this morning. Its tag has it listed as an m1102, which means nothing vs an m1101.

It was simply a WELL priced trailer and worth the 1800 mile trip/adventure to go get her. Very happy with it and off to sec. of state tomorrow to get the plate for it.

Also a note that a 2.2L s10 will pull these trailers. I did with mine all the way home. about 900ish miles.

Attachments

hummer4x4guy

Now that ive taken the trailer to a few car shows Ive noticed while driving on the highways that the humvees 55ish MPH shimmy no longer shows up while pulling the trailer empty. Has anyone else noticed this happen if you had a little shimmy on your truck?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the trailer reinforcement plate and pintle on your airdrop bumper? The plates are out there on ebay, as are the pintles and the backing plate. Cant hurt anything to have it. MWO 9-2320-280-20-6 Modification of 1-1/4 Ton Vehicles, M1097, M1097A1, M1025A2, M1097A2, M1113, and M1114 AIRLIFT BUMPER REINFORCEMENT KIT (Not adding the airdrop bumper itself, but adding a plate to it)

SLOrazorsedge

I don't have any shimmy issues with my M1102 which has the hardtop with bifold doors on it. I wonder if the weight of the hardtop settles it down. I have pulled it for distances of 250 miles at 70 MPH w/o issue. I do air up the humvee tires on it to 35psi and the trailer specs call for 18 psi I believe.

I'm interested in the reinforcement plate and pintle that emmado22 mentioned. If you have a link for a source to acquire it please post if you don't mind or PM me. Thanks.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep you eyes open on ebay. The major part is the large plate, and the new pintle backing plate. Everything else is common hardware type stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks