• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee latest auction prices ?

Al Capone

Hi . In starting to see humvee pop up for sale local to me and believe military just sold a bunch maybe ? Does anyone know what range they been selling for ? Thanks

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's takes some research...while there is always an average, several factors play into the final sales prices on these hmmwv's, such as location, an example of that is the GP location a few miles from my house, when it gets hmmwv's, they will be almost double what a Barstow or Yermo truck will be, and they are not necessarily in better shape.

Gear Report

$4500- $35,000
Yep.
Watching the auctions is vexing. You'll see what looks like a barely rolling, non-running turd go high... then 8 minutes later a MUCH nicer running unit go for the same or less.
The 5 min auction format causes a LOT of emotional buys, often without a lot of detailed analysis on the specific vehicle... so the prices are all over the place.

Katavic918

I've noticed if someone puts a keyed ignition switch and a half assed usually black paint job on them they sell for around 25k. Normal good running ex mils usually sell for 6-10k.

ruSSrt

Here in WA couple are for sale starting from $14000+. Last one i saw going form the action in WA (about 2 month ago) went for actually $14000k, usually people trying to get rid of them for around $15000+... currently there is one without motor for $10000...... so as you can see prices range a lot.
I picked mine up from the action for $5500, i havent gotten it. So it will be interesting what condition is it actually in.

Wire Fox

Here in Indiana, I just got mine at auction missing a transmission, TC, and an S3/PCB for $5k. Everything running at auction went for 8-9k. Until the auction a couple weeks ago when I bought mine, there hasn't been any Indiana HMMWVs for about 6 months, so I wasn't surprised that the running ones went for what they did when I've been watching HMMWVs sell in Ohio and Kentucky for around 7k. Location matters. Timing matters.

gottaluvit

They also seem to have runs of complete beaters so as to raise concern that they're running low and then they'll release some nice ones and then they go much higher than before the large sales of junkers. A lot of physchology goes into auctions.

springbok

I also believe another driving force behind the price increase is that people are seeing more and more of these for sale on places like febay and such with on-road titles. Not saying who what how it was done, that is a no-no, just stating the facts...
Gives people the hope that despite what is stated on GP there are people getting around the system. With that said, two things come to mind:
1: I believe it is VERY irresponsible for GP to be re-selling some that are coming from people that got around the system.
2: First or maybe the second fatal accident with one of these and the whole game will change.

Sintorion

Prices spike when there are news reports of the sales. Let Good Morning America run a piece on the sales and prices will spike. The reality is that there is a limited market of people that have the disposable cash sitting around to jump into something like this and banks are not so easy to barrow from.

As for the resale with on road titles, it does increase the price if someone wants to do the leg work. This isn't illegal or shady. GP doesn't sell them as on road, but that doesn't mean that they are relegated to off road use only. It just means that is how they sell them to protect themselves. I have bought several enduro motorcycles that were off road only and converted them to on road use. Not to mention the people that build custom cars for on road use. I still don't understand why this concept seems so taboo here. If your vehicle meets the licensing standards in your state, there is nothing illegal about converting it to on road use.