• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee M998 Starting Issue bad PCB or bad batteries

dejanm83

Hello i'm new to the Forum and Humvee M998, never had a problem before, drove it around 15 miles today and parked it, 2 h latter got out to start it and wait light is blinking, all the gauges are moving little bit as the light is blinking, and there is a clicking noise from NARTRON Yellow label PCB Box. Not sure is it's bad batteries or bad PCB

also i have posted a video on you tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8IV8oAR7P8&feature=youtu.be

PCB Humvee.jpg

jeffy777

I had something like that. It was the batteries. They were not terrible but the box did not like how low they were and would not do anything but what your did for about 15 to 20 tries. Then it just flickered. I got a 24 volt starter/charger and let it charge and it worked fine.

riderdan

I'd definitely check both batteries first. Always start with the easiest/cheapest thing :smile: If you only have a 12v charger, you can unhook them from the truck and charge each individually. I had a similar problem and the rear battery was dead--it wouldn't take a charge.