• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Rear driveshaft

Before I do anything I figured I’d ask here. Quick question and it’s probably a dumb one but can you drive a Humvee without the rear driveshaft?
Thanks

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
only if you put the transfer case in lock.

Not really recommended unless you have no other options, but it will drive like that.

Reactions: 007

Chief B

I broke my front half shaft when I was on the trail and drove home (about 30 miles) no problem in HL. I did not drive it again until I replaced it, but if you need to get it somewhere it will work.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree with the above. It can be done yes, but it is a stopgap, not meant for distance or routine use that way.
BDGR

Chief B

Agree with the above. It can be done yes, but it is a stopgap, not meant for distance or routine use that way.
BDGR
I completely agree... I would never drive it without one if it was not needed. This is why I simply drove straight home and put her in the garage until fixed. I've paid a couple rather expensive tow bills on this already and it would have been outrageous amounts to get it pulled out of the woods. I just took it easy and we made it home without issues.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I completely agree... I would never drive it without one if it was not needed. This is why I simply drove straight home and put her in the garage until fixed. I've paid a couple rather expensive tow bills on this already and it would have been outrageous amounts to get it pulled out of the woods. I just took it easy and we made it home without issues.
Sounds good. I'll put in a plug for AAA. The plans vary in service and cost, but mine will tow me up to 50 miles to the destination of my choice. Came in handy when I broke toe rear u-joint of my front propellor and it ground into my t-case while towing my trailer two years ago. Probably cheaper to pay as I go for services, but it covers all my vehicles including the one my wife drives, which gives me peace of mind.
BDGR

Chief B

Sounds good. I'll put in a plug for AAA. The plans vary in service and cost, but mine will tow me up to 50 miles to the destination of my choice. Came in handy when I broke toe rear u-joint of my front propellor and it ground into my t-case while towing my trailer two years ago. Probably cheaper to pay as I go for services, but it covers all my vehicles including the one my wife drives, which gives me peace of mind.
BDGR
I would verify with them first. When I got mine I called them to sign up and was told they will not cover the HMMWV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk