• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee run flat insert cut down

RPMRPM

Do you know where I can get in runflats cut down to just be beadlocks, or if that’s something I can do my self they’re going on Interco tires when they come back in stock

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know where I can get in runflats cut down to just be beadlocks, or if that’s something I can do my self they’re going on Interco tires when they come back in stock
Which ones are you buying? I am looking at the ROK-08

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a really big lathe then it would probably be pretty easy, but with the size and weight of the runflat rubber it's probably more expensive to ship it anywhere to have it done than just buying the PVC bead lock from whoever is making them at the time (it seems to go back and forth between Wigsplitter and TrailWorthyFab or some names like that)

You could always see if there are any machine shops in your area capable of doing it.

You could probably hack the ridge off yourself, or at least down somewhat, but evening it out might be a pain.

RPMRPM

After talking to Joey at Interco after you recommended them I’m gonna wait till the cobalt ground hawgs come out in a 39/14.5/16.5 comes out later this year since I think it’ll fit great with the lift I did to stuff that Cummins in it and look mean as heck and perform well in the mud

RPMRPM

I just wanna make sure ive got everything else ready and in order for when they come in to bolt together and go ive got black oxide flagged all metal lock nuts that are closed and 2” long to cover the whole stud too that are gonna look amazing

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the narrowest recommended rim? The 39.5-13.5-R16.5 "ROK-08" tires recommend a min of 10" I am thinking I can get away with the 9" wheels.
The tire will have more crown than it would have with the 10" wheels, but again I think I will give it a shot and see how they wear.

Last edited:

RPMRPM

What is the narrowest recommended rim? The 39.5-13.5-R16.5 "ROK-08" tires recommend a min of 10" I am thinking I can get away with the 9" wheels.
The tire will have more crown than it would have with the 10" wheels, but again I think I will give it a shot and see how they wear.
I didn’t ask what the min wheel size was. I just told him the wheels I’m putting them on and he said they’ll be fine probably a lot easier to get the beadlock insert in with a wider tire too lol the ground hawgs aren’t available yet in the size I want till the end of the year

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just talked to Trailworthy fab and they said I should not have any issues using Interco radial tires and how to remove 1/4" if I do.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not, I still need to order the tires, I have some BFGs I was going to use but now am going to buy 1 Interco ROK-08 and see how it looks and if it will fit the spare mount, it looks like it will be fine but I will likely need to install the pintle hitch extension that I have.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used these on regular BFGs on 24 bolt even spaced rims with no issues.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks