• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Seat rails

jim1131

Relocating the batteries on my 1165 and will be needing the seat mount rails that are riveted to the floor, these are the floor rails that the seats mount on. Does anyone have a part number or maybe suggest a supplier who may have them available.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am assuming he is going to try to install an A2 style driver seat on the passenger side, not sure if there is actually enough room to do that.
BUT I have an new A2 drivers seat base in case somebody needs one

jim1131

So, you are taking out the battery box ??? and putting what where ? Confused!!!
relocating the battery from passenger side to under the hood. Once I remove the battery enclosure and tray I will need to mount the aftermarket seat. There is a metal bar that is riveted to the floor and the seats are mounted to it, this is what I need to install on the passenger side once the battery enclosure is removed.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please share the info, as far as I know no HMMWV was built without a battery box on the passenger side so I am curious where the part number came from, unless it is a civvy part

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
Please share the info, as far as I know no HMMWV was built without a battery box on the passenger side so I am curious where the part number came from, unless it is a civvy part
I gave him the part number for the rails that are used in the seat MWO. It looks like he’s adding that seat base in place of the battery box after relocating the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave him the part number for the rails that are used in the seat MWO. It looks like he’s adding that seat base in place of the battery box after relocating the batteries.

So the rails for the driver side? I did not think the MWO included removing the battery box, that would be OK if there is enough room for the seat base, I have not had the chance to measure but it seems the commander is not given as much space as the driver.

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
So the rails for the driver side? I did not think the MWO included removing the battery box, that would be OK if there is enough room for the seat base, I have not had the chance to measure but it seems the commander is not given as much space as the driver.
The MWO doesn’t remove the battery box…. Just adds the stiffener for the battery box cover and additional angled bracket on the back to hold it down. And then remove old drivers base, add new brackets and backing plates.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MWO doesn’t remove the battery box…. Just adds the stiffener for the battery box cover and additional angled bracket on the back to hold it down. And then remove old drivers base, add new brackets and backing plates.

Yes, I have done it twice now, I was being a little sarcastic

jim1131

Im putting the rails in place of the battery box, the part number I got is 12343052

Action

Im putting the rails in place of the battery box, the part number I got is 12343052
1633126278770.jpeg
12343052 looks like driver seat rails. You can probably get the rear rails cheaper. Just have to put rivnuts in the right spot. Unless you need a fire extinguisher on the commander side.

Last edited:

jim1131

View attachment 846868
12343052 looks like driver seat rails. You can probably get the rear rails cheaper. Just have to put rivnuts in the right spot. Unless you need a fire extinguisher on the commander side.
Actually I am having
View attachment 846868
Actually thats a good idea

Crapgame

The two # 12343052 I just got today from Black Dog Customs are narrower than the originals removed from my truck, the rivet holes are inward about 3/8" on the opposite side. Drilling the truck hull for the new rivet hole placement will just make the installation weaker, prone to tear out of the floor. Matter of fact if you install the front bracket on the forward most original rivet holes, the rear bracket ends up being totally unaligned with either row of original rivet holes for the rear bracket because the brackets are narrower, the 4 bolt flanges on the adjustable seat base being a fixed spacing. Requires 2 entirely new rows of holes drilled in the floor for it.

I don't know if these are repurposed M11XX series rear seat rails or something they had made from a similar extrusion. They have 4 yellow zinc rivet nuts pressed into them instead of the threaded bungs crimped in the extrusion.

For $239 I would think they should be drop in fit. Rico Donaterese has #12343052 that are made from milled bar stock for $40 each, the threaded areas are drilled/tapped solid aluminum not 5mm thick threaded bungs or rivet nuts.
Rico Donaterese 12343052 Seat Base Brackets1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks