• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Up Armored Door Insulation Material

erasedhammer

I was wondering what/where to get the material that is used on the interior of the up armored doors. I'm looking to insulate my x-doors and already have a base layer down. I believe the material is almost the same as the roof liner material in a slantback.
The material itself I would guesstimate is about 1 inch thick and is made of a fairly robust foam with a slightly more rigid textured surface. Everything I find on epay that is a civi counterpart is not the correct thickness or is the correct final surface texture.

If you go on epay and search: "Insulation-AcousticaL-Panel-door-front-RH-HMMWV" it comes up with the material I would like, but not in a large sheet.

hmmwv-m1151-frag-1-armored-door-set-new-crate-m1165-m998-military-humvee_172185311521.jpgs-l1600.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks