• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvees making their way around the world

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The humvees appear to be making their way all over the place especially Europe. The seller here didn't even take the GP bumper sticker off.
image.jpeg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No there are a lot of them for sale overseas on several different sites. Some with several clear pics of the exact item very specific listings and including European country titles. I just posted a screenshot of one that didn't show any specific seller info.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard it from a guy that works at our port that a lot of them are going out on cargo ships. I guess all you have to do is make up something, fill out the paperwork and ship away. They sure didn't depreciate in price did they!

Hummermark

Hi there is no problem exporting I have done around 15 humvees the last one I did was the bae m1113.As far as I know any vechiles that are in private hands in the us can be exported to the uk although some need a export license which through the uk shipping company is $650 I have done ww2 tracked armor onwards.I often see adds with humvees in them saying can not be exported which I know is not true.I also exported recently a m1070 now a uk dealer has 55 of them from the us asking $95k plus tax! A good mark up so can see why so many are going out the us same dealer for humvees is $25k 2 door pick up version

gottaluvit

Hi there is no problem exporting I have done around 15 humvees the last one I did was the bae m1113.As far as I know any vechiles that are in private hands in the us can be exported to the uk although some need a export license which through the uk shipping company is $650 I have done ww2 tracked armor onwards.I often see adds with humvees in them saying can not be exported which I know is not true.I also exported recently a m1070 now a uk dealer has 55 of them from the us asking $95k plus tax! A good mark up so can see why so many are going out the us same dealer for humvees is $25k 2 door pick up version
Well, that defeats the purpose of our three month wait on EUC to clear. "Our", as in United States citizens!

Hummermark

Hi all the stuf going for export has had a U.S. citizen bid and buy so all would have had to wait for a euc first before getting a export licence which can take up to 6 months but never has in my case.
the exception to this was the bae systems m1113 which I got direct pre sale and the humvees I bid and bought my self from the USMC Atlanta auction.
so all the dealers and non dealers out side of the USA have a US citizen contact buyer as non US citizen can not bid on the current auctions:cry:

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything I have bought requiring a EUC required me to verify the buyer is a US Citizen and there is a form to capture who purchased the item. If you already had a buyer you had to indicate who they are when you submit the EUC. They went crazy over Bayonets, I cannot believe they don't care who you export to since they are not US citizens. Just saying they pestered the heck out of me about the names of who I sold to! There are folks outside the country that front others to purchase for them. That person is liable, not the guy outside the country. So there is always a reason someone else wants your name on it. Just saying!

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Its just a matter of time before one shows up somewhere it was not supposed to be and the gov will have a cow. Just look at the TX plumbers Toyota truck that ended up in an ISIS convoy on TV.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Its just a matter of time before one shows up somewhere it was not supposed to be and the gov will have a cow. Just look at the TX plumbers Toyota truck that ended up in an ISIS convoy on TV.
They've already gotten plenty of them from Iraq. Easier to take them from the Iraqi army than importing. And it was a Ford.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks