• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hunter multifuel heater

Rapture

Hello everybody!
In my shop van There is a multifuel heater installed, complete and working, but if someone have one could you tell me how do i have to connecte it: is There an ext pump in truck fuel tank? There are 2 Wires (black and white) at the exit of wire box (were all lights and heater of van are coming in). Are these 2 wires connecting to 110V?
Thanks if someone knows.
Brice

jwaller

the tm's will show you exactly how it all works. The heater must have a fuel pump to supply it fuel and a control box send power to it and the heater. You have to have it all for it to work properly.

Rapture

So with a part of TM i've seen how does it works.
Now i need an electric fuel external pump.I've benn searching for it on the web, but nothing, on the official site too...
Does anyone knows if there is an equivalent or an adress where i can ship it?
Hunter company doesn't ship out of USA...:-(And winter is rude here...

davidkroberts

ive never used one on a fuel fired heater but ive used 24 volt electric fuel pumps on a bunch of military stuff. They are civilian pumps and you can get them off ebay. I got a fuel metering regulator made by holley i think at the local parts house but never used it. I ran directly from the pump

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So with a part of TM i've seen how does it works.
Now i need an electric fuel external pump.I've benn searching for it on the web, but nothing, on the official site too...
Does anyone knows if there is an equivalent or an adress where i can ship it?
Hunter company doesn't ship out of USA...:-(And winter is rude here...
The fuel pump rating for the Stewart Warner and Benmar heaters is from 3 to 15 psi (max pressure). You should be able to find an equivalent over there.

5tonpuller

The fuel pump rating for the Stewart Warner and Benmar heaters is from 3 to 15 psi (max pressure). You should be able to find an equivalent over there.

Talking about heaters? Does any one have a cord for sale that goes between the control box and the heater? There is 5 pins.
Thanks

cbvet

Rapture,
At the start of your post you say the heater is complete, installed, & working. So I guess you must mean it's SUPPOSED to be complete & working, but it's not?
Anyway, the heater in the back of my "arctic" deuce has the fuel pump built into it. Yours may be the same.
I doubt there would be 110v to the heater.
Some pictures of the current installation, & info from the heater tag would be helpful.

Rapture

Yes it's complete, installed in the box, all wires are already connected, but at the outside of the box there are two wires from wire box (black and white), and two tubes for fuel.
It works with 110 volts (as marked on the heater).So i guess that there is an external pump to have fuel in it!But in the TM i've seen that there is a 24V inverter in the heater, so i guees that it is for an external fuel pump in 24V, 'cause the two wires out of the shop van are in a tube with all the lights of the box (in and out lights, blackout light).
Here are some pics, more on monday, bur you can see that it's really in 110V, installed with a wire box (stock), with mention "ext fuel pump receptacle".And it works cause i've started it with 110V, fan works, but no sound of a pump (integrated).
More infos: It's an Hunter heater model UH68, multifuel.
Brice

Attachments

Rapture

Arf...no unfortunaly i'ts not a m292 (i was searching for one but, as you say, too much rare), it's a m35 A2 with water purification box.you can open it on the left side, and i put a "box" who can extand the van by this opening.
So it's my "little" m292 :)

Last edited:

tm america

either way it is a hard to find set up..i would love to see some pics of it expanded...there aren't many water purification trucks out there..super cool truck

tm america

according to that link the fuel pump is contained in the heater unit unlike the multifuel heaters for the m109..It is talked about and shown in the wiring diagram...if the is a acccess cover i would remove it and look for the pump inside the heater..It might just require a power supply to the heater itself..

Rapture

TM america i will post some pics of the van when it's open next week in my thread, no problem!!
For the heater, model on the link is for tent use, and look at my pics: a cable called "external fuel pump receptacle" is connected!
And as i said before, two wires come out of the van with other wires, all in the same tube, and all are for 24V (lights of the box, internal lights, blackout, and...the two wires who come in the wire box of the heater!
next days i will take more pics.

Last edited:

tm america

i'm sure if it uses a separate fuel pump like the m109 it would use the same pump as the m109....places like saturn surplus sell them ..there are lots of other people that sell them.. they are 24 volts...The problem you are gonna run into is finding someone to sell outside the us..but there are tons of different manufacturers that make fuel pumps.....We just need to find out the psi that pump runs at ?My guess is it would be 3-4 psi but maybe someone can come up with the specs so you can find something over there that will work for you..

stb64

i do have one of those UH-68-4 type-I heaters, but it is not complete.
a friend gave it to me, it is out of his 1500GPH water purification truck, but it was not installed so i cannot say how it was connected.
there is a sticker on the inside that states 'EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP IS REQUIRED AT FUEL SOURCE WHEN SOURCE EXCEEDS 54'' BELOW HEATER'
another sticker says : ATTACH EXTERNAL PUMP TO TERM 9 ON TERM BLOCK
the truck has a fuel pump mounted on the front right corner, above the tank.
i also noticed that there is some insulation on the heaters inside that looks like asbestos, so be careful!

kc5mzd

I have a 5ton expandable van with 2 heaters. The fuel pump is 24v. It looks exectly like the one on the 5k mil generators. The pump is mounted on the front of the box behind the drivers side cab by te fuel tank. The heater runs at about 1-2 psi so be carefull. The 24v comes from the trucks batteries and is turned on and off by the heater.
Everything has to be just right with the heater before it will turn the pump on.
Rumor has it that the insulation is asbestos.
Here is the best pic I have with me, you can see the pump just below the reflector. It is suposed to have a cover - I removed it to work on the pump.

Attachments