• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hurricane IKE M35's in use

gumboo

It should be a "must have" for South Louisiana.

I saw 3 of the Oshkosh trucks with boat type trailers behind them in Grand Isle, La. after Gustav. On my return trip over the bridge I saw 3 military boats cruising in the water. I don't know what they were up to. Patrolling, clearing debris in the waterway, joy riding?

SEAFIRE

I didn't take the pictures, they were copied off some local Newspaper web sites.

Ike was supposed to hit here on the Central Texas gulf Coast where we are, but made a more northern turn at the last minute and made landfall in the Houston/Galveston area instead. Our County did have mandatory evacuations ( not everyone left ) and we had our two M35A2's ready for rescue work, but fortunately we were spared the worst, I feel for the people in the Houston and Galveston area.

A Houston area firefighter I know was without power for 7 days and had been working non-stop since the storm hit until today doing searches in the Bolivar/Galveston area for Hurricane Victims. Many people are still unaccounted for.

TommyG45

So here is the big question, when you take a deuce through this type of water, I assume it is salt water ??? what do you do the the deuce afterwards. Dump all the oil in the axels? repack hubs ?... Any thoughts. I know these components are vented, but if these were your trucks, what you would do to them to ensure long term operational fit?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks