• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HWMMV Box, What is it, help??

ArmyMan09

I recently purched some type of communications box to go on the back of my H1 and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I am tring to find a TM for it but there are no markings on it at all.

Any info would be appriciated.

Armyman09

Attachments

krall

that is a specialized unit, I was in 2000 -07 and was commo all the way and never seen one like that, the s250 has nothing on the looks of that, I agree with jasonjc its unit built.

ArmyMan09

I am working on getting pics of the inside, it has one tray on the drivers side, and a fold down table on the pass that spans the entire length. It has no floor/ uses the HWMMV floor, and the front wall has a pass through. It has night vision/white lights mounted inside in four places, the space over the driver/pass head is a pass through with access from inside the box. Will post the pics as soon as I get them.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not an S710, looks like a local build to me. I've seen some odd shelters/caps and I haven't seen one of those. Might be something from another service though. AF or Marine?

The closest I've seen to that are some of our cold weather caps we have on cargo/troop carrier HMMWVs up here, and even then not really close at all. The similarities are open floor, large top to bottom doors and flush mounted on the sides and rear.