• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hybrid top

mich6212

I did a search and could not find any related posts but I was wondering: Has anyone tried to build a hybrid hard/soft top? I was thinking that I could keep the hard top rear panel with sliding rear window but adapt the bows and posts to incorporate a trimmed/modified insulated soft top. I figure it would allow easier removal and installation while still providing me weather protection having to remove only the top and not the top and back. I would like to remove the top more than usual being here down in Florida, I could get that rag top feel of open air driving that could really come in handy for slow driving such as parades or offroads where there isn't any air coming into the windows if needed/wanted. Although not being 100% correct (sorry purists) it would serve function first. What do you think? Thanks.

tobyS

Maybe you could figure a way to make it fold and stow away easy without removing it.

Sun on a soft top will degrade it fast.

I'm going the other way, making soft top into hard. But I want to dance on it, so will be using diamond plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks