• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hyd fan clutch replacement

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The metric double ended studs finally showed up so I put it all together today. I modified my pulley just like Ken did. I also pulled my hood and cooler stack. Not a bad job at all. The only issue I am going to address is the fan size. The 20 inch is tight, real tight. If you got this thing twisted up it might rub. I just ordered the 19 inch version. Easy swap when it comes in. Just took it for a 15 minute cruise with the hood off. SeemsIMG_1034.jpgIMG_1035.jpgIMG_1036.jpgIMG_1037.jpgIMG_1038.jpg like there is less noise? Very satisfied so far. I'll post up again when I can take a longer drive in it once I get help with the hood.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I measured the plastic fan at just under 20". So I went with the 20. I figured there wouldn't be much frame flex. They are pretty rigid. The suspension takes it up.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took another test drive just now. The engine stays at 180 anywhere from 45mph on down. I have a 160 degree thermostat. Ran it for about 2 or 3 miles at 50 and it settled out at 185. I have a three speed turbo 400. Ran it thru town, stop and go type driving and it came down to 180 again. Let it idle when I got home and it just sits at 180. So far I'm happy. I will give it a real workout in a few weeks at Crusin the Coast.

The thermostatic fan switch is a normally closed switch. With this fan clutch arrangement you could use that switch to turn on an electric fan for more cooling. Those switches can be bought in any temperature range but they are sorta pricey.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks