• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hyd leak on M-819 wrecker ? help

jason@snakeriver

We though life was going along good, untill we sprung a leak on the crane.
Where the four large hoses come from the valve bank and go over and attach into the round center pivot point.
On top there is a cap held on with 2 small bolts with an electrical wire going in. It is leaking around the electrical connection when we hit the boom up and down.
I assume there may be an o-ring blown somewhere down in the assembly.
Has anyone dealt with this ? ? ?
Tom

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the swivel valve and it's going to require complete removal to have servied. Sorry!

jason@snakeriver

Answering my own question: There is about a 8" dia plate on top that unbolts with about 8 bolts. There is a hole in the center where the electrical lead comes through. When we opened it up, the seal had come unseated and pushed up into the electrical cap. There was not a lip to keep it in place other than friction.
We put lock-tite on the outer seal edge and reinstalled it, and it seems to be working. Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks