• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydr Manifold Ctrl:24P has 2 lines going to same outlet on rear; Correct Routing Dia?

Crapgame

I just figured out why I FVBARed the hydraulic lines to the Control Manifold when I changed it out: The 24&P Manual is showing two different lines going to the same socket on the backside.
Figure 256 shows the Spare Tire lower hydr line going to Pilot and Suspension Compress
Figure 252 shows the lines from the manual pump going to Pilot and Suspension Compress

Does somebody have the correct routing diagram for the Hydraulic Control Manifold? I've got Joe coming down soon to swap out his M998 for the M1081 and I'm literally inflicting pain on myself trying to fix the few gigs I have. I need to be able to raise the cab to check the Throttle Position Sensor.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Crapgame

I've got the Parker Manifold, Part HFC32598, Per TM 9-2320-365-20-4. so Figure 19-1 applies to my truck

How do you determine which line is a return and which is a supply on the Suspension, Spare Tire, and Cab Cylinders? Even the -20-4 lists both fittings and lines with the same part #.

Last edited:

aleigh

The way I did this is pumped fluid down the line and looked to see which way the rams went. 50/50 chance right. You can put the other end in a bucket to catch the return oil. Note that the returns are common inside the manifold so if you don't plug them they'll leak.

While you are in there I went down to the hydro place and had them make me a set of 1 foot leads to make the hoses longer. Now I can pull the manifold off the truck and pull it away from the side without having to undo the hoses first. A foot turned out to be too long - maybe half a foot would be tidier. The excess just sits on the fuel tank. For the air lines I got female to female from NAPA and regular DOT line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks