• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic brake and axle vent flex hose

Tony

Is the hydraulic brake and axle vent lines the same?
In TM 9-8024, page 451, figure 252 dipicts the "axle vent line" "brake rubber line".

Now I go to ORD 9 and on page 83, under 0304.5 Deep Water Fording System, I find 7410534, HOSE ASSY.

Then under 1204.5 Hydraulic system, page 324, I find 7410534 HOSE ASSY.

I've taken mine off and both look the same, both the forward rear and the rear rear, have not looked at the front.

What I find dificult to understand, is both the vent line (no pressure) and the hydraulic line (high pressure) the same part or is the ORD 9 wrong.

Tony

Lance Corporal

They could very well be the same line/part. It's just that the application is different. They,re mostly just steel sheathed hydrolic hose material.

Tony

Da Grunt,

Yes, both look the same , but one is a vent and the rother is for the hydraulic brake system. you say that you can get steel sheathed hyd for this application? Wherre can I get a couple? Any Ideas?

Tony