• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydraulic clutch pump or ford super pump?

jesusgatos

I'm interested in adapting a hydraulic winch to mah deuce too. Didn't the Canadian deuces run hydraulic winches? Maybe one of our friends up north could post some info for us about how those are set up. I remember M109guy posted something about there being a huge hydraulic reservoir where the US trucks have the spare tire mounted. I think he might have said it was about the same size as the fuel tank on the other side.

mudguppy

boy, that'd be a big tank. i was only planning on running a 10gal resevoir in the corner of the bed. actually, i didn't ask about minimum resevoir size. i think it depends on gpm of the system.

i'll go ask...

res0wc18

once you bleed the system and have pressure, while keeping the level up to snuff the most important thing is going to be the heat generated when going from a 1 inch or 3/4" hose down to the 5/8" or jic 32 size which will create alot of heat build up.

cpl patryn

pto driven hydralics

I have a p-51 gear pump shaft driven off my pto on a 1942 g-506. The pump is running a push blade / skidder blade and a koenig pto 8000 lb winch with a hydrolic motor. The truck is set up for logging. The pto runs full time. I would like to install a electric clutch to run my front winch. Other wise I will have to mount a 2000 charylynn hydraulic motor and add another valve. Are there any suggestions? Space is limited and I don't want my front winch engaged untill I need it.

ALFA2

As was metioned in a post above, the Canadian version of the Deuce is all hydraulic, winch, HYd. PS, and all other accsories, there are several canadian members who may have a picture of the hydraulic system, and the fluid reservoar. Those trucks use a PTO and a fluid cooler if I remember correctly. This is a proven working system, may be parts are available, since the Canadian Govt. is parting out a bunch of their truck now.

Just an Idea.

ALFA2

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a p-51 gear pump shaft driven off my pto on a 1942 g-506. The pump is running a push blade / skidder blade and a koenig pto 8000 lb winch with a hydrolic motor. The truck is set up for logging. The pto runs full time. I would like to install a electric clutch to run my front winch. Other wise I will have to mount a 2000 charylynn hydraulic motor and add another valve. Are there any suggestions? Space is limited and I don't want my front winch engaged untill I need it.
Why does your pto run all the time? There should be a way to disengage it when not in use. You say your winch is already set up with a hyd motor. Guess I'm having trouble trying to understand what you're trying to do. :?