• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Dump Bed and Winch?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to do this to mine i will be putting a dump hoist under the bed and a hydraulic winch front and rear on the frame also on the bed i plan to run 2 pulleys in the front with cables hooked together at the end to run under the bed to the winch hook so i can use the rear winch to pull stuff in the bed also the s280 im getting has tow hooks at the bottom on the front so when the bed is tilted up i plan for it to be winched in with the 2 cables and the 2 cables stay mounted to the bed and unhook the winch after tying the shelter in place so i can use it to pull stuff onto trailers or recover vehicle including myself
I have a bunch of used, 25GPM, 1500-3000PSI adjustable, power beyond, dual, as well as single spool valves, that I'd be willing to sell. These should be a good option for you to run a single spool for your dump, then power beyond to a dual spool for your winch at a lower pressure if necessary. These are prince RD5000 series, they make some cool, plug and play, cable operated kits for these valves as well.

Last edited:

StrykerPerry

cool can you PM me pics of it id like to see how that stuff is setup I know we have allot of hydraulic stuff right now except for the pump for a pto I have 24v pumps also and the lift cylinder and winches we have allot of control parts from forklifts my dad works on

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're still waiting for the loading video you promised. :shrugs:
I started filming one the last time I loaded it. Problem was I had unloaded it on a slight side hill. When I went to winch it on, the shelter kept trying to slide to the downhill side on the tail roller. I'd have to winch a little, get back there with a long bar and straighten in up on the roller, and repeat. The whole process took probably 15-20 min and would just have made me look like a idiot if I had uploaded it. Bottom line is while it's not that big of deal to load it on a slight incline, it doesn't make for a very good video. I'll have to do like they do in all the infomercials and such and make sure conditions are "just right" to film a good video. :wink:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done several M25a2 hyd setups. My current truck drives off a transfer case PTO, which I think is the simplest, if you can source the PTO. I've even done a couple that drive off a standard winch PTO, with the pump mounted beside the engine, in the frame well. The only down side to that is you either loose the option of a PTO winch or you convert the winch to hyd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks