• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Dump Trailer

zak

Has anybody made a 12/24 volt hydraulic dump trailer out of a m101 or m105?
I'm toying with the idea of making one out of a m101. I know that the trailer has dump capabilities to some extent if its loaded right. But making a true one would make loading/dumping a non issue.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody made a 12/24 volt hydraulic dump trailer out of a m101 or m105?
I'm toying with the idea of making one out of a m101. I know that the trailer has dump capabilities to some extent if its loaded right. But making a true one would make loading/dumping a non issue.
Sorry I do not recall the SS member's name that did this trailer. Maybe someone will think of it. I think he is in southern Ohio.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the related treads had pics of the lift assembly or hinge area.

Send a pm or an email to SR71blackbird and ask him if could give you a heads up on the installation. Worth a try.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got some concerns about a M105 bed being strong enough for a dump. If you'll look at the picks posted, you'll notice that there are no rails running front to back. Seems kind of weak when the bed is lifted into the air. I could be wrong.

zak

From the lift kits I've seen, all need some space between the original frame and bed. This space could be turned into bed supports. Plus it would have to run the length of the bed to support it on the frame. Like the dump with the double frame.

wvu dodge

I've built couple of dumps out of these trailers...maybe like 20
I'd be interested to see how you did it. I cannot post pictures, but I did an M101 and built a subframe for the bed with hydraulic dump. Of course that raised it up even higher, which is going in the wrong direction. I've found the M101 is not quite big enough, would be nice to do an M105, but I'd like to see how you did it.

TXFirefighter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavy truck cab jack pump would make a great power source for the lift. Might need to mount a battery to the trailer as the amp draw is higher than a trailer plug could handle.