• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Head Assembly question-PLEASE HELP

jeott

I have a leak from the center of a plug on the side of my hydraulic head assembly. It leaks when the accessory switch is on and when the engine is running.
Can anyone tell me what this part is called, why it would be leaking, and if I need to replace the head or not? I searched the TMs for this part but I can't find a drawing or reference with this plug removed.
My M35a2 starts and runs fine with the exception of this leak. This is a picture of my "practice" IP with an arrow pointing to the location of the leak.
Thanks,
John

Attachments

gusto1

Take out the screw. Put on some type of sealant that is petroleum friendly and put it back in. If that does not seal the leak then go another direction. This should be the cheapest before putting on another HH.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I helped my friend with his head replacement he had taken them out before I got there. When I looked in to the hole there was what looked to be a needle of some sort that would not come out. We just replaced the cap and they did not leak. The hole looked to line up with the little tit on the end of the needle as to secure it in place. I cant rember but I thought there was one for each HP line port. I thought that they might be some kind of pressurs relief valve to protect the head.