• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Head for multi-fuel

Dieselsmoke

A while back I saw them NOS on somebodys surplus site. Any idea who it was that had them, they were about $100. I'm in need of one for one of the pumps I'm working on right now :x

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably Naglich but I don't trust them guys. I think the site is called Military Convoy.
KE

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, I have a pump that I can part out if you tell me exactly what you want from it or the whole thing less the compensator for $150 plus shipping.
My zip is 24120
Bjorn

Dieselsmoke

Sadly Kenny I think you're right it was Naglich. Bjorn, thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on that to have another spare laying around to play with.
Here's the story on what I'm working on. A few years ago I bought a M109A3, it has a brand new never run Tooele rebuild. The guy I bought it from said it needed an injection pump. Finally I got a bug up my butt to get to work on the thing (it was about 60 miles from my house) so after our latest MV show I made a side trip and towed it 15 miles closer to a buddys shop figuring I'd work on it at his shop rather than tow it the rest o the way up that long winding steep @$$ hill. I'd rather drive it than tow it.
Anyway, this guy had no clue on diesels whatsoever. So once I charged the batteries up to a full charge and hooked up the slave cable for that little extra I turned on the master power, I could hear the in tank pump so I knew we were good there. I cracked the inlet line at the mechanical pump and bled out all the air there. The lines were loose at the injectors and after quite a bit of cranking no fuel at all.
I figured what in the heck could be wrong with the pump, so rather than pull the whole assembly I removed the hydraulic head which does the actual pressurizing of the fuel. Got it home and it was pretty well froze up so I pulled the hydraulic head off another good pump.
ONce I had the new hydraulic head installed I cranked about two minutes and she was squirting fuel everywhere. Tightened up the injector lines and she fired right up.
That's the good news, we now know it will fire up and run. The bad news, it immediately took off to about 1700 RPM. Good news, the shut off cable works fine. Bad news, couldn't get it to start back up. As I get time afterwork I'm going to swing back down there and do some more playing and see what I can find out. The fuel tank was almost empty, maybe 5 gallons if that so I drained that and filled it with a fresh 40 gallons.

Dieselsmoke

Hey Kenny, do you still have the 109 box that you were parting out, need some of the blue lenses for the interior lights.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, I've got the box but I might have given the blue lense away. I'll check and report back. If it's there its yours. It only had one, do you need more than that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks