• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Head group buy?

kennys@wi.rr.com

What are the heads going for?

The HH with the three o rings delivered is $285.

Injector nozzles are $7 each and if buying a head should be able to be shipped in the same box. If you want just the nozzles it's whatever a small flat rate box goes for.

If you want the HH and the nozzles it's just $327.

As stated before I am making nothing on this deal. They told me that if I buy at least ten of them at a time I can save $100 a head. So with everyone buying I am saving myself money, in that way I guess you could say I'm making something on the deal.

Almost everyone who has contacted me has already paid. A few of them, myself included, have to wait for the 15th better known as pay day. I hope to have all checks or PayPal in by the weekend and place the order early next week. If anyone is still interested there is still some time. Please email me and I will get you all the information. My email is my SS id.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I am almost ready o place the order. There are two checks coming that I am waiting for, but it looks like Wed is the order date. We are almost at 20 heads so far. If there is anyone still interested I can still get you in on the order. Please let me know soon. We also are ordering injector nozzles if anyone is interested in those.

3dAngus

Back from vacation today. Just wondering, what is the status of this group buy on the HH?

And thanks for all the help on it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The order was delayed as we wanted more injector nozzles than they had on hand. We are now waiting for them to finish making more to fulfill our order. Thats what I heard last.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well I just got a reply from them and my chineese to english isn't the best but I think they are ready. This is the exact quote from them "The parts are ready now. I will give you the tracking number these two days." Maybe she meant Tuesday? Basically we wound up placing an order for almost 100 nozzles and that caused the delay in our order. I am sorry for that delay but that was mostly out of my control. But it also seems that oringsandmore.com wasn't ready for me to place such a larger order or orings either as those still aren't here. That is at least and American based company so I will cut them a little slack with the 4th being in there and all. As soon as I know more, I have asked for clairification on the last email, I will be sending out an email to the group. Again I am sorry for our delay.

Katahdin

LOL, I read this post as I was digging a fork into a paper chinese-food-take-out-container of pork-fried-rice!

No rush on my end, but a big Thank You to Kenny for seeing this group-buy through to completion!

kennys@wi.rr.com

Alright the heads and nozzles have arrived. However, the o rings have not. I got a call from Oringsandmore.com today and the woman told me that they were returned, well an empty box had been returned anyway. So they are shipping them out again and as soon as they arrive there will be a bunch of packages in the mail. If I knew where my wife hid the camera I would be posting pics of all the goodies now, but you will just have to wait. The heads are packed in their own boxes and have a nice two piece case around them to protect them. The nozzles are packed in groups of six and are shrink wrapped. I didn't order any of the nozzles for myself so I have not opened any of those boxes to check them over.
Some things I have learned after this group buy were that China makes some nice looking stuff, but customs sucks. It took far too long and far too many delays in customs to get here. Turns out that DHL thought I was the military and wanted all kinds of information from me that I had no clue what they were talking about. Once that matter waas cleared they started to move them a little faster, until the next hub thought I was the military again.
But I am still glad I was able to put this together for every one. I am considering another one of these buys, but this time maybe looking for a business partner and sell them at MV swap meets or perhaps eBay?

kennys@wi.rr.com

I found where my wife hid the camera. I didn't remove the head from it's plastic bag but you can kind of get the idea. And instead of a twelve point bolt on the side they use a more normal six sided bolt on the side. The red tooth is there and everything else looks about the same. One thing I did notice is that the red caps in the injector line holes will most likely come out with the thin metal rings that are in the bore as well. Wish I could explain that part better.

Attachments

3dAngus

But I am still glad I was able to put this together for every one. I am considering another one of these buys, but this time maybe looking for a business partner and sell them at MV swap meets or perhaps eBay?
Great idea Kenny. No reason why you shouldn't make a little bit of money for your research, time, and effort. Hope you have them in before the Ga. Rally, and you have a partner that can get some there. They should do well. I didn't need one, but it seems to me having one in a spares kit is a good idea when on the road. And if not for me, then for anyone traveling with me. Thanks again.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well some of the boxes have already been shipped and the last couple are sitting next to me waiting to go in a few minutes. I spoke with Gimp and was given the go ahead to open one of his boxes of nozzles and take some pics of those, so when I get that done I will post them up for others to see. It seems that I way over bought o-rings. If anyone is in need of a set of them pm me and I will get you set up with them. I think I have around 10 to 15 sets extra. So if you were in on the buy you should have your stuff soon.

3dAngus

kenny,

Please check and see what you sent out for me. I might want any extras. I meant to get some nozzles and orings, but not sure if I got the order in right.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way Ken, is the hydraulic head the part that is so hard to find by the IP rebuilers? Is the the part that wi;l enable a rebuilder to restore MY injector pump In the future? WHATADEUCE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks