• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydraulic lift bed

gtsig

Hello everyone,

What I want to do is get a deuce and add hydraulics to the bed so I can make it into a dump truck and also to use it as a roll back. Has anyone done anything like this?
Also can you put the wench that is mounted in the front mounted to the back of the truck?
One more is there a way to use the PTO so power a generator?

I really want to get a deuce and looking at what is all the uses I can get out of it. So I know what to be looking to get and make the right chose. I know some of you don’t like people modifying classics but I look at you get something and make it better fit your needs and as long as it is useful.

Thanks and have a great day
George

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

1stDeuce

Roll back would be sweet!! The PLS trucks with a flatrack are the best of all worlds... Can't get much better loading height than a 8" tall flatrack, and they dump to like 30 degrees, which won't slide sticky clay, but it's a good start!! If only I had a PLS deuce... ;)

I think you'll find that a dump bed and a roll back are two COMPLETELY different things, and you're not going to find much that fits both bills for anything near cheap... But if you do, you can bet we all want to see pictures!!
C

gtsig

my idea is to get a C class that the sides come down and add metal plate or maybe wood that can come off and drop the sides when I need a flat bed and have them up when they have dirt in the back

AN/ARC186

Hello everyone,

Also can you put the wench that is mounted in the front mounted to the back of the truck?
One more is there a way to use the PTO so power a generator?
Wow, your truck came with a wench??? my wife is glad my truck didn't have that option.....:mrgreen:

If you connect a hydraulic pump to the PTO you'll have hyd power for just about anything including a dump bed, front and rear hyd winch, you name it.

The problem with running a gen from the PTO is the rpm's you need to stay at, adjustments needed to compensate for load variation , cooling considerations, etc.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the unnamed pics, looks like there has already been some mutilation.

As for the dump function, wouldn't a M817 bed assy fit right onto a deuce frame?