• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic pump for LDT4651D

ylecyote

Does anyone know what the specs are for the timing cover mounted pump. I need about 15-17 gpm for a hydraulic motor.

Is there other pumps that will mount in this location?

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a standard SAE two-bolt mount and you can get pumps with plenty of capacioty for that job, the only problem might be clearance to shrouds & such.

dg

ylecyote

So does the SAE 2 bolt spec mean any pump with that mount just bolts up and fits or is there gearing differeces inside? Ive never looked under the cover to see how they connect.

kelly

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I wrote to the people at Eaton (which bought Vickers Pumps years ago)

Dear Sirs,
I'm requesting your help trying to find specifications for a small Vickers vane pump which has following characters stamped on the pump housing:

VTM425046
15 MFL 114S4
E00

Another identical pump has:

VTM42504515
15 MFL 114S4

This is the power steering pump which was original equipment since the late sixties till 1985, on the multifuel engine powered 5ton military 6x6 trucks.
The pump housing is 4 ¼” long (from mounting surface to end of housing), has a 2 ¼” dia. centering guide and a ¾” dia. keyed shaft for the drive gear.
This pump is mounted with two bolts (studs) to a special adapter flange. These bolts are 4 3/16” center to center. (SAE # ???)
Inlet is 1” NPT, outlet ¾” NPT.

I would like to know if this particular pump model is still being manufactured (or reman.) and if there is a direct equivalent out of your latest catalog. If not, which other vane pump with the modern nomenclature would be suitable to be adapted for this application?
Also, what is the capacity in gal/min at 1500 rpm against 1500 psi, pumping Dexron III?
What would be the maximum output pressure?

Thanks in advance!

Today the answer was:

Thank you for your interest in Eaton Corp.
If you are in need of pricing information, please contact your local Eaton Distributor. You can find a list of distributors on our website at http://hydraulics.eaton.com/distributor_locator/.
If you are in need of product information, you can access our product catalogs and most of our product information on our website at http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/menu_main.htm.
If you have an order or Customer Service question, please contact Customer Service via our general number at 888-258-0222, or via hydraulicscustomersupport@eaton.com
This is exactly the e-mail address I had contacted, so this didn’t help us at all! May be one day we will find out, what other pump fits in that place, but nothing out of their catalog!
I’m attaching a few pics so you can see the different components.
Gerhard

Attachments

kochevnik

I am going to bring thread back from the dead :-D:-D:-D

In Gerhard's foto up above there is a pump a gear and a housing. I think I have a source for the pump but it does not come with the gear or the housing. Is this housing and gear stock on the M35 ? (can I get that lucky ?) .

My understanding is that there is an inspection plate on the front of the M35 LDT (not LDS) engines and if you take that plate off, the pump should just mount up to the engine. If there is no housing and no gear inside, then I need to some info (NSN numbers, part numbers etc) for the housing and that gear.

Anyone have an info here ? TIA

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet both, housing and gear were specifically made for the MF engine; not so the pump, it seems.
So for individuals or if one would start a business providing/installing full PS conversion "kits" for our A2s, one obstacle would be finding these parts and sooner or later somebody would have to tool up to reproduce both.
For anyone wanting to "step forward" I would be happy to provide exact drawings w/ dimensions.
Just in case there are hundreds somewhere laying around, piled up waiting for scrap prices to rise....... we are looking for:

1) Housing: casting number is 10935246-1 R2 (raised letters)

2) Gear: part# 10935243 (stamped)

Very likely these are the part#s given and used by the military. I could not find them listed in any parts manual yet... anyone?

G.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did / Do they have a similiar set up for a LDS 465-1A to mount an engine driven hydraulic pump? Koch said it was on the LDT but not the LDS. i really dont have a use for a pump on my engine, but who knows what the future holds! :-D

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did / Do they have a similiar set up for a LDS 465-1A to mount an engine driven hydraulic pump? Koch said it was on the LDT but not the LDS. i really dont have a use for a pump on my engine, but who knows what the future holds! :-D
Actually only the LDS465-1, 1A and -2 MF-engines came with that pump.
All other models are identical in that area and can easily be retrofitted.

G.

kochevnik

Actually - what I was trying to say was that the LDT had just the inspection plate and the LDS has the pump, the housing the gear and the nut. I was kind of wildly hoping the LDT had the housing and the gear and was just missing the pump because I think I found a decent source of NOS pumps - but now I'll have to wait to see what Jake comes up with.