• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydraulic winch drive question

bigford

I'm looking for the length of the hydraulic drive unit for the 5 ton winch. I'm putting the winch on the bigford and prefer the hydro drive over the mechanical; just don't know if I have the room to spare up front. The length from the input shaft cover to the back of the drive would be great.
Many thanks in advance.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If putting a hyd. winch on a 39/809 series 5t, I do NOT believe that there is room for the hyd. motor and the adapter to clear the front cross member.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for the length of the hydraulic drive unit for the 5 ton winch. I'm putting the winch on the bigford and prefer the hydro drive over the mechanical; just don't know if I have the room to spare up front. The length from the input shaft cover to the back of the drive would be great.
Many thanks in advance.
IMG_5331.jpgIMG_5336.jpg
Hope this helps, let me know if you need more pics or specifics.