• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulics install on M923a0

army_nurse

I have a dump bed on my m923A0. I would like to install the hydraulic parts from a m925 to replace my electric pump on my truck, which is slow and has now broke twice. Has anyone done this? Is there a thread that I am missing? And where might I find said parts to do such an install? Thanks in advance for your input and guidance.

Peace and blessings

M

74M35A2

People post wet kits for sale occasionally, one recently in another thread. I have an M925A2 if you want to know any info. I am about to add a rear Garwood hydro winch (same as the front), so I am going to switch over to solenoid valves when doing so and expand the hydro system capability.

The wet kit should consist of: Cable operated PTO drive that bolts to the trans near the front/top, PTO pump driveshaft, hydro pump, cab control tower with levers and cables (2), 4 port control valve with internal bypass relief valve, return line canister filter, tank and brackets, hoses, brackets, and bolts.

Gunzy

Boyce equipment in Utah has wet kits. Not sure how much though. I put a winch setup on my M923 and the hard part is the PTO on the trans, there isn't room to do it without shifting the trans to the left to install it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Boyce equipment in Utah has wet kits. Not sure how much though. I put a winch setup on my M923 and the hard part is the PTO on the trans, there isn't room to do it without shifting the trans to the left to install it.
The transmission remained in place on my truck. But I ended up having to put the studs and bolts into the PTO while installing it in place. It's not fun at all.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a air shift PTO on my 923 I did not ship the transmission. I cut one wrench and used a few studs and lots of pactience! The PTO I used had a direct mount pump which made it even more difficult... I ended up having to mount the PTO then mount the air valve then mount the pulp but it will go.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a air shift PTO on my 923 I did not ship the transmission. I cut one wrench and used a few studs and lots of pactience! The PTO I used had a direct mount pump which made it even more difficult... I ended up having to mount the PTO then mount the air valve then mount the pulp but it will go.
Do you have any pictures of your set up? I hate the cable shift on mine.

charger53

I do not like the cable shift one bit. I just finished installing the wet kit, Now I have to install the hoist and hinges next.... I need to rent, borrow, beg or steal the equipment to lift the bed though. I also have a 15kw generator mounted on a trailer that will be getting a dump box from a old international military truck I have, so I ran hydraulic lines to the back of the 923 so I can run the box from the same wet kit with the same controls when the trailer is done. I just used a 6 way valve to switch from the truck to the trailer. The PTO is definitely the hardest part of the install. I will be posting a write up and pictures if I ever finish the job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks