• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydro lock

baja_power

Ok.. Hyphetical question :blush: lets say that your engine is hydro locked... what the best way to clear it? pull all the injectors and crank it over? or something simpler that im missing..

Deuce-bigalo

Damn, How deep was the water you forged? I would also make sure all the axles, T-Case, Tranny and engine oil isn't water contaminated!

When I Hydro Locked my old 1980 Blazer, it was just as simple to take out the spark plugs. However that is not an option here. I hope the injectors are at a position to be removed and aren't damaged themselves!

Good Luck!

John

Deuce-bigalo

Expect the worst & hope for the best I always say eh?

Hopefully it's not a serious problem like a hydrolock!

John

baja_power

nope not hydro lock.. i finally got it started. and it has ran for 30 minutes with no problem...

i was jut worried because i had juice in both batteries and when id hit the starter all i would get was a THUNK of the solenoid engaging.. engine wouldn’t turn over....so that’s why i was afraid. but finally it Sloooooowly cranked over and fired up...

and the injectors on a duce are a piece of cake to get to.. i had them out several times when i put the new injector pump on.

painkiller

yeah i have had that problem a couple times with mine and normally to get it started i push the button in and out rappidly and it starts right up i dont know if the starter is hitting a dead spot or what but it only happend 2 times since i have had it and it starts right up at the third time so i dont think its a big deal

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need a new starter switch (button). I had to replace mine some years ago when it was intermittent. Best to get a new one not "take-off".