• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HydroBoost Question

Hey all, I am planning to swap out the engine to my cucv (cummins 12V) but I am asking this question here because all I would like to know is which lines are high pressure and low pressure lines on the hydroboost AND power steering box? I need to figure out the plumping, but I could not find any straight forward diagrams of the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cummins Swap Hydroboost Questions

To those of you that have swapped a 6bt into a CUCV or any other GM truck with hydroboost, I have a couple questions...

1) There are 3 ports on the back of the power steering pump for the cummins. Did you use all 3? Which is the high pressure and which two are the return lines?

2) Does the CUCV in stock form use two returns in the GM power steering pump or was there only 1 return and 1 outlet?

3) If you have a picture, is there a way I could see labels on which line was high pressure and which was a return?

4) Will the cummins 6bt power steering pump push enough fluid for the system safely?

Thanks so much!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-289-20, 8-28. Lines 9 and 18 are high-pressure; hoses 10 and 15 are low-pressure.

Last edited:

Jozseph

Hey all, I am planning to swap out the engine to my cucv (cummins 12V) but I am asking this question here because all I would like to know is which lines are high pressure and low pressure lines on the hydroboost AND power steering box? I need to figure out the plumping, but I could not find any straight forward diagrams of the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FWIW review the following;

http://flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/PowerSteering/powersteering.htm

Steeringsys.gif

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks