• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrovac dimensions

dfanders

Gents,

For you halftrack guys who have the orginal brakes...

I am looking for the dimensions of the Hydrovac unit that is used on a Halftrack. I need the length and the diameter ( of the main housing)to try and find a replacment unit.

Here is a pic of the rear of a unit , but i need the sizes...

Attachments

woodwalker

hello It depends there was a early and late model
they were not real good anyway
if you are not wanting to do a 100 resoration pick up a modern chevy 2tonn one it plumbs the same way although it looks diffrent but works great

dfanders

Woodwalker,

This sounds like something you have done? Can you give me more details...

I have an M2A1 (no pulpit yet - working on that) that only has a master cylinder running to the rear brakes. I am adding in the front brake lines and also need to add in the hydrovac unit.

The halftrack already has a V-8 in it along with a T-18 tranny and a Dana 20 transfer case. The rear armour is wood , sheeted in metal on the outside. We call this our "hollywood" halftrack, or the 1/3 track and not much is orginal...

Any suggestion are welcome.