• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I almost feel guilty...

Jeepsinker

I may do that. I really don't want to inflame anything though. I really try to be courteous to my neighbors. And I did take him and his children for a ride when I got the truck. Maybe I told him it runs on gas too before and just don't remember telling him.... I guess I need to talk to the guy. I don't want to come off as a di<k if he didn't have bad intentions. This will have to be handled carefully.

18operator

Even if the intentions were good you might want to invest the few dollars in the locking fuel cap. And maybe park it closer to the house. Me personally, I like my truck. It's like a family member. And you know what happens when someone messes with your family member!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
As nice a 'thought' as it is, you might not like it anymore when he realizes gas isn't having the desired affect, and puts in something that WON'T burn...

I was writing down "Or burns in the wrong place, like one lbs of plain sugar". Decided to check that on internet if it really works and found out that it does not work that great in diesels, although it might mess up your filters. Regardless, the idea that somebody comes over and dumps something in your tank is very disturbing. Infrared camera's are nice but most people check them AFTER something happens. A lock on your tank might be the best anyway, and maybe a quiet talk with the guy over a beer.

Jeepsinker

I'll get it figured out. I just thought some of you guys that have problems with neighbors in town should know that this kind of stuff still happens even when you live 25 miles from the nearest town.

JasonS

It isn't like he dropped off a box of chocolates at your door with a thank you note. He poured something into your tank at night and in secret. Either he is an idiot or a vandal. I'd be nervous about either type.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'd be inclined to thank him for the donation. Just to let him know that somehow you know about the after dark deposit. I know in Cameron, he would be in the marsh, good intentions or not...

But, also like you said, tread lightly...

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeepsinker - I'd be insanely suspicious of anyone making a midnight donation into the fuel tanks of any of my vehicles. Please keep us informed as to how it plays out.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeepsinker - I'd be insanely suspicious of anyone making a midnight donation into the fuel tanks of any of my vehicles. Please keep us informed as to how it plays out.
My sentiments exactly, I don't see anything good being put in the tank. Surely not "donating fuel" for the cause.

Triple C

My sentiments exactly, I don't see anything good being put in the tank. Surely not "donating fuel" for the cause.
Umm, I have neighbors that would do that, just to mess with me about "mileage." I guess it depends on what the neighbor thought the gas would do and Jeepsinker says they get along well.....If he has done it more than once, he knows the gas won't put the motor down, personally, I wouldn't assume the worst.

KaiserM109

I must admit that I am a bit of a night owl... Sometimes I crank the deuce late at night and sit outside just to hear it run, sometimes I run into town late or very very early. People up to a mile away say they can hear my truck when it fires up, but it doesn't bother them. ...
There is a Harley owner up the street from me about 2 houses and an intersection away. While I falling out of bed in the morning, I often hear his Harley start, but not rev up. It sits there rumbling real low, then he takes off, shifting early so as not to hit his pipes. If I ever see him, I'm gonna thank him for being considerate.

Then there's the guy somewhere a little farther away! He has a diesel pickup, sounds like a Cummins so it is probably a Dodge, and at about 6:50 AM he raps it up and zooms by my house. It won't be 'thanks' I'll be offering him, if I ever figure out who it is.

KaiserM109

Umm, I have neighbors that would do that, just to mess with me about "mileage." ...
Some time ago there was a movie, Pete 'n' Tilly staring Carol Burnett and Walter Matthau, where they had a neighbor who continuously bragged about the gas mileage his VW Bug was getting. Pete and his dying son decided to sneak over and add a little gas every few nights and laughed hysterically at his intensified bragging. Then, they started siphoning out a little and got a bigger kick out of the man raising **** with the VW dealer about its sudden drop in mileage. Good movie.

Jeepsinker

I'm always considerate when leaving or running the truck at odd hours. I'm not an a$$. I was able to talk to him and it wasn't any ill intent. He has been working some really messed up hours and he wanted to give my fuel back, but didn't want to leave a full can of fuel just sitting out in front of the shop at night. No hard feelings, but if I end up with a fuel related problem down the road I know just who to go see. My shop is only 50' or so off the road and has no fence in front so I can understand his reasoning I suppose. I guess I had told him it was a multifuel at some point. And I've probably given the fella 40 gallons of fuel over time and I didn't really expect any return, so it is a good thing I kept a cool head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks