• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I almost feel guilty...

Northwoodsguy

I don't own a deuce (have an M37b1) but sure recall the many times I rode in one. One of the memories that comes to mind was when I was stationed in Germany (ordnance attachment to 11th Armored Cavalry Reg patrolling the Czech border). My first winter there was the coldest they had had in 100 years! I was from southern California so it was quite a change. They would take us to and from a remote security station with a deuce. No one talked, just bounced with our fur-lined parkas covered with ice from our breath and snow coming in the back over the tailgate. Even with full winter gear we froze our you-know-whats off. I can still hear the whine of that multi-fuel coming as they came to relieve me. Best sound this soldier ever heard.
I understand too, wanting to hear the sound of the engine run. Drawn to it like a sick kitten to a warm brick.

FloridaAKM

Glad to hear that your fuel donations were of a kind matter; in my neighborhood, it would have turned out less than well, good situation...which I deplore. Locking fuel tank caps are your friend, unless you lose your key!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Just read this thread from the start, had a few laughs along the way.

Great to hear his intentions were benign, but you did him a favour and he repayed it.

Looks like good karma!

Even if it was at an odd hour.

Aussie.