• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am back in the MV game

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone. I am back. It's been a long dry spell, but I am finally back in the military vehicle nut house. After a knee replacement several years back I was no longer able to enjoy the M931a2 tractor anymore. I made the pragmatic but still painful decision to sell it instead of watching it deteriorate. After I healed I was looking to get another one, but life drop kicked me right in the kisser again. Fast forward to this week and I ran across a decent M35a2 at a decent price so I pulled the trigger. It isn't the truck I want but it gets me back in the mix and I hope will be a stepping stone towards my end goal which is another really nice M931a2. I haven't recovered it yet, I am looking for a shipper/transporter to haul it for me as I also sold my gooseneck trailer a few years ago as well. I will post a pic soon.

Anyway I am glad to be back on here.

Here is the only pic I have right now. deuce tank truck.jpg

dmetalmiki

ANY start is a good start.
Welcome back..Just get stuck in and Enjoy what you have.
OHHH yes it's a 'craze'..

Me ????.....Now..just where IS that advert for an.....OT..........64!
YEAH I AM cutting down...Well..errr, AFTER this (next ) one...later...sometime..mebb'e!..soon, eventually....

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got one, so why not get another? I bought another one today, this one is an M45a2 fire truck. Cost was quite a lot more than the other, but I really wanted it. I am hoping to drive this one home but I won't know until Tuesday if that will be an option. Hopefully this will get me closer to another M931a2 a lot quicker.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got one, why not get another. I bought another one today, this one is an M45a2 fire truck. Cost was quite a lot more than the other, but I really wanted it. I am hoping to drive this one home but I won't know until Tuesday if that will be an option. Hopefully this will get me closer to another M931a2 a lot quicker.
Both trucks coming from the same place, how far? Let me know, I may be able to help if you go after them.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both trucks coming from the same place, how far? Let me know, I may be able to help if you go after them.
Both from Kentucky, but different areas. The M45 is said to be operable so the plan is to drive that one home after thorough pre-check.
The M35 is in Hazard, Ky and unknown operating condition so I am going to have that one hauled to me.

Last edited:

HDN

I love the deuce fire trucks. My dad had an M45C for a little bit. It would be a nice truck for my collection when I can start affording stuff that doesn't need to have a secondary practical use (watering the garden wouldn't fly with my wife :LOL:).

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The secondary use of an M45C is to protect one's property in case of a fire. If around, you would be on scene way faster than the fire department. This could save anything from the kitchen to the she-shed or the shoe collection. Theere ya go - which wife could object against that? Of course, the truck has to be immaculately maintained and driven regularly to guarantee that kind of protection, so funds must be allocated.

HDN

The secondary use of an M45C is to protect one's property in case of a fire. If around, you would be on scene way faster than the fire department. This could save anything from the kitchen to the she-shed or the shoe collection. Theere ya go - which wife could object against that? Of course, the truck has to be immaculately maintained and driven regularly to guarantee that kind of protection, so funds must be allocated.
Yeeeep - that's why I pay my taxes - to support my local fire company and keep them in working order and modern so I don't have to :)

DaneGer21

This is actually why I really do want one. Our house is about 1200’ from the road, it’ll either take a tanker to come back here and hope they have enough water on hand or about 1500’ of hose from the closest hydrant. Our population is only 2,000 people, so people/equipment are limited in our small town. Of course we have neighboring departments, but they’re at least 10mins in every direction to my house. The local department is about 3mins away, luckily.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@DaneGer21 My department carries 1000' of supply hose on pumpers and tankers, so your long laneway would be no issue. Time wise, a volunteer departments needs about 5-8 minutes of "assembly time" for members to respond means arrival at your place 10-15 mins after you called. That can feel like eternity when you watch your house burn.

dmetalmiki

There is just something about driving (AND operating ) A FULLY functional M45-530C- TFFT.

At the risk of repeating myself...eeer'z mine!. (Sort'a imagine me attending local fires out where we are.......( Well..I HAVE!)..
turn up d'a volume!

OOO, n' THAT downright 'deep throaty hum' as it powers up the fen at the begining!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks