• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am in big trouble

OK I just bought a M211, well I won an auction and ended up with another truck today. MY wife to be will be back today, she does not know yet. She is Irish and has a temper, Does any one have a bomb shelter I can hide in?

Here are pictures of the truck.

Its a military blazer, the radiator is missing, but it has almost brand new tires on it.
The body is mint with no rust.

I did not expect to get this, I only bid $550.00.

Attachments

Lawrence of Arabia

If she doesn't have the ring yet, she will be more likely to tolerate this behavior. If she is like my first wife WAS, she will just smile and let it go. It's after she gets the ring that rules are set and things change. Buy all your toys now.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wives wear down eventually. I've been buyting/swapping/fixing trucks for 35 years, married for 23, God bless her, we all have our faults lol. NICE score btw.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently, you don't file your taxes as "Head of Household", do you.

Katahdin

I understand your situation. I've bid on two GL items without consulting my wife, those did not go over well....and exponentially worse when you actually win the item. The auctions that I consulted were much better....she at least knows I love planning the expeditions to retrieve the stuff.

The absolute worst incident was a pistol I bought without telling her....she found out at a gun-club-pot-luck supper when the dealer who sold it to me brought it up..... That was the longest car ride home in my life.....and we lived only 1.5 miles away!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
marrige is the number one cause of divorce. Blckdblnckl is right though. everything seems real cool until she gets a ring... then the crazyness comes out. this is the exact reason you dont tell her, "you spent how much for those shoes?" it works both ways. just be happy shes happy and you're happy. next good purchase might be a confortable couch if you dont have one allready. haha!

L999here

...remember...

There is an old adage..."Better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission." Since you are not yet hitched...I agree...buy your stuff NOW...!!! After being run over by a semi on my Harley...and live to tell about it....my lovely wife of 20 yrs. (at the time)...stood out of crutch range,shook her finger at me and stated..."You WILL get rid of that Harley,the guns (I was a class #7 Mfg.),etc..." Waited calmly,asked her if she was done. Then pointed at the front door and told her if she did not like the way I ran things (she did not work outside home,I had paid for Catholic education for three kids,house was paid for and I had been working three jobs for 17 yrs.)...she should hit the door and not look back. That was the last time she said a WORD about my management of our lives. We have been married now for 43 yrs....and I have FA guns,armor and ammo stacked everywhere. Set your foot down as 'man-of-the-house' and let her know where you stand....NOW...before anything else happens. OR...you will regret it for the rest of your miserable life.... Just saying....it works for the most part.....LOL....see avatar...

A

A/C Cages

Trucks are cheap, Divorce is expensive.
Choose the trucks and find a woman who also chooses trucks.
:mrgreen:

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with the above. If you bend now, you'll be bending over for your whole marriage. That's why I'm single.... Well, I am now anyway.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aaaaa, $550, no big whoop!

I dated a girl back in the early '90's for about 2 1/2 years. About the same time I was getting into the hobby of large scale garden railroading. Well, every time I would by a new addition to my newly found pastime, she would have an absolute conniption fit. But being as it may, every time I bought something nice for her there was never a quibble. Needless to say, at the end of it all, I went out bought a brand new sport coupe, just for the spite factor and said "See ya'." Best move I ever made.

My wife now just pretty much rolls with it. I tend to be a little passive aggressive about the whole thing if she flies off the handle. I do tell her at times that at least I'm not hangin' out at the sports bar, drinkin' booze and chasin' other women.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One of my ex-wives told me I needed a new hobby since MV's were so expensive.....I said "how about drinking and hookers......would that work better for you?":mrgreen:

The subject was dropped at that point......for a while.

PaulbusMax

Man, somebody hacked your password and bought a truck. It wasn't your fault! The dog ate my homework! I had a flat tire! By the way, i like the IH scout in the background.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks